JASON'S P.O.V

Hey bestie! I'll be in school earlier today. See yah! Yola!!

Finally, a text from Bailey. This was a good start. At least I didn't have to do much to get her on my side. Amidst all the happiness, I didn't bother talking to mum and dad. I was in a hurry. I figured Bailey wanted to talk. We used the code word Yola to signal a serious situation. It was an s.o.s kind of thing.

As I was rushing outside, I heard mum talking to a client over the phone.
Claris was an interior designer while Dad was one of the best lawyer in town. Claris had the best designs. Something that came to her all of a sudden. Before Hex, she was a simple housewife.

Dad was nowhere to be seen. I guessed he might have already reached the court house since he had a case that had been running for months now. Something about a gruesome murder.

I waved mum goodbye so that I wouldn't interrupt her call . She gestured something with her lips. The mumble came out as a clear ' I love you son '.

On reaching school, I found Bailey on one of the benches at our favorite parks in school. Willow trees provided an ample and serene atmosphere to talk and just chill. I knew that's where she would be. Best friends know everything about each other. Instincts.

The periods were yet to start. We had fifteen minutes to talk. Glad I was just in time.

Hey Bear...I missed you big time. And I'm sorry.

These words came straight from my heart. I was hugging her from behind as I handed her a candy bar. Her favorite. We had this habit to apologise with something at hand. Not just a flat gift. Something we loved.

No I'm sorry bestie. I put you off and that's not how it should be.

She handed me a packet of Skittles. Yes... that's right. Skittles were my thing. A little girly you'd say but whatever...deep down I was a man.
We hugged and walked towards the classes. We chatted and laughed all the way into the school hallway.

As we walked I had felt that sudden urge to tell her how I really felt about her. But no...I felt uneasy at the fact that she wouldn't be into me. I watched her eyes dart along the path towards the hallway but never once at me. It forced me to realize I really wanted her attention.

Fucking walking trophy...

What?

I didn't realize my silent thoughts were kinda loud thoughts. Bailey snapped at me. I was glad she didn't get what I had been mumbling about.

What?

I retorted back.

I thought I heard you say something Jay. Anyway, I'll see you in class. Lemme grab something from my locker.

Okay Bear. Don't be late. It's Mr.Bottom. He's handling History today.

Yeah I know Jay. I'll be there in a few.

I hauled my ass to class. I was glad that it wasn't Botany. Bottom was boring when he taught Botany. He was stepping in for Ms.Aura who had allegedly been suspended as a professor. No wonder he was so not experienced with Botany.
Gina was my deskmate since the start of the semester. I really didn't like her. She was a total plague. But still, somehow she did strike me as unbelievably pretty. Turn off...she was literally mean and not as pretty as Bailey was.

Hey dumbass... where's your little friend today? Too sad to even walk with you to class huh?

Gina was totally mean. I mean that was uncalled for. I didn't bother replying. Her girl squad always backed her up. A bunch of three girls with awkward hairdos. They were Gina's puppets. She controlled them all the time. Carol, Casey and Mina literally worshipped Gina.

Most guys in school always wanted to land a chance to smash or date one of them.
The bell for first period rang but Bailey still wasn't in class. Mr. Bottom was always on time.
Soon as he stepped in all small talk came to rest. Gina and her minions halted their make-up session. Most students who were in groups sat at their desks respectively. I spotted Gary, the gay guy in class, wiping a streak of ugly saliva from his chin. He had been asleep the whole time.