NATE'S POV

Standing at the same point I was at, I carefully opened the first step in discovering the truth. And my eyes caught sight of a farmiliar face. One I could never forget. She looked 6 from the photo. Always pretty ever since the old days.

Bailey.
There she was... With both her mum and dad. Her smile was captivating. She looked so happy.

But why was this in my dad's closet?
Why did mum get a panic attack at the sight of it sometime back?
Was it related to the death of Bailey's parents?
How would I tell her?
Would she trust me after all these?

The questions hit my head in a rather continuous manner that I felt a little faint. I had already won part of her trust from the other night as I consoled her. I wouldn't just let my stepping stone tumble down. Yet the truth was still necessary. But how would I start telling the love of my life that my parents were probably the reason she was an orphan? Absurd right?

Looking back at the picture again I couldn't help but stare at her. So innocent yet all her happiness had been taken away. I had vowed to always protect her no matter what. I didn't care about my family ties... My love was stronger and there was no way I'd let my Bailey go through any other kind of hurt. Especially not from Jason. The guy was a psycho and I wasn't just going to stand around and do nothing about it. Bailey had to be safe. Too bad she trusted the nigga too much.

The sound of a car pulling over reeled me back to reality. My thoughts suddenly faded as panic of being caught creeped in. My parents were already back home. It was half past noon. I didn't expect them back in another half hour but bummer here they were. Fuck. I didn't even get time to snoop around looking for the box. Yeah that box was what would end the whole mystery. How I found out about it is yet another story that takes me back to juvee.

I quickly returned the polythene bag and it's content back to the exact spot it had fallen off from and walked downstairs to meet mum and dad. I could tell Dad was drunk and so was mum. Turns out their time out was just a drink somewhere.

How you ask? Yeah, dad was busy making out with mum. Gross right? They only did the PDA when either was tipsy or drunk. In this case it was both.

Eew guys...get a room!

Oh hey son...we didn't see you there...

Mum was beside herself with a little bit of shame. Dad didn't give two shits about it though.

What are you planning for today?

Nothing much mama...I called over a friend to chill ...

Okay you do you.

With that, they left to their room...all hands on. It was really weird seeing my parents all goofy with their shit at this age. Mostly because I wasn't used to romance and all. The only love I knew was what I had for Bailey.

I was expecting Jason any moment then. He was a key step in everything I was doing for Bailey. I would ensure he didn't find out anything I was planning. Hopefully it would take him long to find out I was the old Nate from juvee. And by then my plans will have already fallen into place.

Sure enough the door bell rang. Only he wasn't alone as I expected. But it was someone I wanted by my side.

Oh hey man... Happened to be with Bailey so I made her tag along...

Nah I'm cool with it...

I was already hugging Bailey... knowingly ignoring Jason's outstretched fist. She offered a feeling of comfort to my heart. She looked so pretty despite not wearing any make-up.

I hope you're better...

Yeah I am... thanks to you.

Her voice was everything I needed to smile. I ushered them in. My room would definitely be the best to have a whole session and do everything I had planned on. I had already ordered four pizzas and energy drinks. So yeah we were all set. The three of us would easily fuck up two bags and dang was i ready for this. Mostly because Bailey was here.