BAILEY'S P.O.V

As soon as Jason and I parted ways, I walked on to my locker. I got several hi's from a bunch of students. Most people knew me owing to my story. You know, the orphan thing. Obviously I hadn't moved on. It was difficult when everyone gave those pitiful faces.

I managed to force a smile at them. A smile that never broke free. I couldn't keep a straight head either. Mostly because deep down I was crushed. The nightmares and flashes of mum's death a year ago kept haunting me at night. It was only a week to her first anniversary...a celebration of a life well lived.

I was getting fond of stash due to all the thoughts and sadness. It did me justice at my worst. Sometimes Jason wasn't enough to talk to. Talking is never enough mostly. And time wasn't doing better. I mean it was supposed to heal all wounds but not mine. Mine was a deep scar that kept cutting through.

The lock at my locker wouldn't budge no matter how hard I tried. I was getting late for my history class.

Why won't you open?

Okay, I was losing my head. Why I'm I even talking to a locker in the first place?.
I didn't even realize I was causing a whole lot of attention . Bummer! The bell had rung like 5 seconds ago. Panic was already setting in on me. In my head I vowed I'd get the hallway caretaker to look into it later in the day.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned raging in fury. My heart was literally pounding at the same time. Probably because I thought it was Mr.Chum...the school's director and head. My ponytail got loose and I couldn't see. The person standing in front of me had this nice endearing cologne. The scent came with that feeling of de ja vu. I had had such a moment before.

He pushed the hair from my face and finally I could see. The cute jerk...how convenient! The entirety of  his body faced me giving me full sight of our height difference. He was so intense.

As expected he dismissed me ... calling me a psycho. Who does he think he is?
Walking into school...all new and already throwing shade. He was right though. That wasn't my locker. He must have thought I wanted attention or something. I recollected my thoughts and walked briskly to class which by the way had started like 5 minutes ago.

My hands clammed in nervousness as I walked in.

Miss Bailey Davidson. Do you know what you are?

Yes sir...I'm late. I'm sorry, it won't happen again.

It better not.

Mr.Bottom gave me a warning look and ushered me to sit before he changed his mind. I felt relieved. I'd have expected him to throw me into detention.

Don't be too relieved dear Bailey...you wasn't thrown into detention probably because he felt sorry for you. Just like everyone else.

Gina!
Jason gave her a disapproving look but instead she curved her mouth into an evil smirk.

Relax lover-boy. Don't ruin that cute face for a good for nothing like her.

I wanted to punch her in the face but Bottom was already starting at us intently.

Gina, Bailey and Jason. I believe you can solve your issues later. And Bailey...at least feel sorry for being late.

This was literally her fault.
The rest of the class had their eyes on me. Could this day get any better?