BAILEY'S POV

As I sat there, I began to relive all the memories. Class was literally the last place I wanted to be.
I wanted to be away from everyone. Mr.Bottom was busy talking but I didn't get what exactly he was saying. All I could see was his mouth moving.
I took out my phone. I opened my Facebook page. I don't even know why I was checking on my Facebook account. My feed was filled up with news such as stupid pictures of girls in my class who've changed their profile picture at least 7 times with the same pose.
Most of them had stupid song lyrics quoted in every story. And as usual...boys were talking about how much they'd gotten laid.
I didn't even realize all the things happening in class.
Or that the jerk was introducing himself.
From afar I could hear my dad's voice.

Hunnie...do you know what carpe diem means?

No papa

It means you need to seize the day.

His words sounded more like sounds of a catcall. At the same time, I was staring at my phone's screen. Without really paying attention.

Bailey! building castles in the air again huh? Snap out and come back to class.

This snapped me back to reality.
And so I saw him. Yet again.
I faced him only to be met by a devil may care type of smile.
I stared blankly. I already hated him. When I said I wanted my day to get better, this is not exactly what I wanted.
Why him?

As soon as Bottom had stated that we had to work in groups of two...girls already wanted to be paired up with this jerk.
Probably because they thought his smile was a panty dropper. He seemed to enjoy all the attention.
I didn't get the fuss about it though.

Calm down everyone. None of you even knows what the assignment is and you're already fighting to be paired up with the one-named student...

Silence at last. The fuss about this guy suddenly died down. I didn't quite get why all girls had to be so frivolous.

So each of you will get a partner and you'll do a report on the history of this particular school. I want a complete and well done report. This accounts for 50 percent of your final grade in this unit. So do your best. Meanwhile, I have an exercise that will help us avoid nail scratching and hair pulling among the gender that never gets decided.

Bottom took out sticky notes and walking around the class, he made every girl pick one. It's as if he was prepared for such a moment.

Nate... kindly walk to the front.

So that was his name. Nate. Lazily, he pulled himself off the chair and walked towards Bottom.
Okay I'm calling him Bottom because it's my POV and really...y'all don't refer to your professors formally when you're telling a story.

So I'll let Nate spin this chart and whichever country he lands on will be his partner. All girls have sticky notes with the name of a country. It's more of bingo...only that we're not old folks.

As the chart was spinning , I prayed...
I hoped it wouldn't be me.

Sorry guys...I really haven't had time to update anything. But here's Bailey's POV. I really hope she gets paired up with the sexy jerk.

Remember to vote❣️
I love you all❣️