JASON'S P.O.V

Weird how Bailey didn't even wait for me after school. I figured she needed her own time. Lately, she'd been switching up on me. Different. Always on and off. I felt sorry for her. Being an orphan at 19 was sad.
I liked Bailey...more than she thought...I loved that girl. It was the kind of love that was real. But I didn't wanna destroy our friendship. So, I kept it to myself. She saw me as a bff and nothing more. It's that pain of loving someone and not being loved back. Sad right?

Bailey was pretty.... unbelievably pretty. Her eyes were hazel, my favorite color. Her hair smelled of raspberry with a hint of mint. Dang! Everytime I hugged her, I took in the smell of her hair inaudibly...she was petite...had nice skin... whenever I talked to her I felt home.

I remember one time we were walking home from school. And when we had reached her place, I almost kissed her....but that's another story...the incident was just mind blowing. I kept having sex dreams ever since.

Bear had a horde of admirers and so I didn't stand a chance. I regretted having to settle for bff title. At least I got to tell her I love her but of course she knew it was as her bff.

My walk from school was rather boring. I missed bear. When I got home, mum and dad sat watching THE GRAND HOTEL. The sheldons were a happy couple. Only one person was missing from the equation to make us whole. A part of us had been torn away from us. Amber Little Sheldon...may she rest in peace...

My fraternal twin. She had been murdered in sixth grade...As much as I missed her, that  couldn't bring her back. She was gone.

Oh hey son... you're home earlier than usual... and where's Bailey...I thought you'd invite her to dinner tonight?

Claris was an enthusiastic lady. Mum was my favorite cup of tea.

I'll just be in my room mum . Goodnight y'all. I love you.

Aren't you gonna have dinner son?

Dad was ever concerned about whether I was eating or not. Tory was more of a people's man. Both Claris and Tory we're members of the school board in Locus International. Bailey's dad had also been a member. Our families were close before the tragedy happened. Bailey, however, knew less of me but we still got along quite well.

I'm not hungry dad. Thanks for worrying though.

Okay goodnight son.

I needed to text Bailey. I had to apologise for being all judgemental on her. I went to my room, took a quick shower and checked my phone for text messages. None. Her phone was off too. It was only 7:30 pm... maybe she was asleep or just didn't feel like talking.

Amber's picture caught my attention and at that moment, I wanted to forget how strong I was. I wanted to cry out loud. But I knew what I was supposed to do. Losing Bailey as my bff was a situation I had to avert before everything collapsed into chaos. Before all my secrets came out...for one, I was convinced that would never happen.

Bailey was my key to freedom. She was my key to peace of mind and soul. She was the reason I had to hide it all. Until I accomplished the promise I had made to Amber in her death bed. I had to keep her close. No matter what. I wouldn't let my feelings for Bailey cloud my path. You probably think I'm a jerk and that I'm hiding a lot. But no..... vengeance is what I wanted. That word rang in my mind over and over again. But it had to be planned. I had come so far. Gaining her trust had been hard but I wasn't ready to go back to point zero. I had to fix things. And the next morning was my goal.

Amber brought me back to my course when I had slipped away. Her name helped me rediscover the old Jason. It was a rebirth...a silent rebirth!