12. Lets settle this, like children! (edited)

Start from the beginning

Once we made it past the puddle, Zim had crossed to the other side of the road in a panic. He hid behind a fire hydrant, looking out for any sign of Dib.

Once he noticed a droplet of water leaking from the hydrant, he backed away in caution. His eyes were widened once again and his breath remained shaky. I walked over about to say something when Dib interrupted, shocking the both of us.

He pulled something out of his coat. It was green and looked like....Oh no! It was a water balloon.

He through it at zim, hitting him in the chest and knocking him onto the floor, but it didnt burst. I sighed. The balloon bounced around on the floor as Zim attempted to get up.

He was attempting to push himself off the floor before accidentally misplacing the direction of his hand.

"Zim, wait!" I yelled as he placed his hand on the water balloon, making it burst. He squirmed in his place with smoking skin, screaming in pain.

"Why must this be!?!" He yelled, holding his hand out dramatically. I rushed over to help him up.

"How advanced is an alien race that cant handle a little water balloon?" He mocked. "I dont even feel good about winning this one" he continued to gloat as I finally pulled zim up off the floor.

I gave him a glare once again.

"Your such a jerk" I told him.

"Oh come on, y/n. Hes trying to destroy earth!" He replied.

I kept my arm wrapped around Zims shoulder.

"At least he's not using petty techniques to make others feel bad" I glared harder.

Zim moved out of my hold to make a declaration. Still steaming and grunting in pain.

"You win this round, perhaps. But watch your back, Dib!" He threatened. "Now that I have access to your... water balloon technology. I will annihilate you to your every last cell" he put up his hand, the balloon still stuck to his hand.

"On Monday we settle this like children" he stated, pointing in Dibs direction before trying to shake the balloon off his hand.

He pulled it off before looking at his hand in realisation. "Hey..." he said in contemplation before looking at Dib, smirking and glancing once more at his hand.

.....

We were walking down the street, no Dib behind us this time. Zim showed me his hand.

"This could be the method for immunity to earths sky poison!" He yelled, poking at the paste.

"Are you sure?" I asked, moving my gaze from his hand to his eyes.

"But of course. Though I'll have to test this hypothesis" he said, leading us into his house.

When we entered I expected to be greeted by Zims little robot but was instead greeted with an empty room.

"Wheres GIR?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure. But itll be easier to work whilst he's not here!" Zim admitted, removing his disguise. He walked over to the trash can in order to enter his secret base. Knowing this, I made my way over to the couch and was about to sit down when zim paused to face me.

"What are you doing, y/n? Get over here, I'll need your assistance!" He demands. Though it seems rather light hearted as he gives me a smile.

I looked at him suprised.

"You....want me to see your base!?" I asked, making sure I heard him right.

"Yes that is what I implied! I thought you were a smart human!" He said motioning for me to come over. I complied, smiling.

"You may go first, but dont touch anything!"

I nodded at him, hesitantly climbing into the bin and letting it descend down into the secret base I had never seen before.

It went down very deep. I could feel the nerves overtake me. It overflowed like a tank. The pit of my stomach had twisted and turned as the platform began to slow down.

I had arrived on a floor, stepping out I turned in the space around me, trying to take it all in. It appeared to be a large observatory filled with irken technology and language. Large screens and consoles making up the room. I looked around in astonishment, feeling an urge to push a button or test a device. But Zims words replayed in my mind and I held myself back.

I just continued gazing at the impressive machinery.

Once Zim had arrived he headed straight for a section of the base, urging me to follow as he placed goggles over his eyes and gave me a pair too.

He placed his glue covered hand under a scanner, analysing the goop.

There were about nine red monitors hovering above our heads. Each had an ingredient labelled.

"Asteroid, ear wax, rat hair, cupcake, big dook, H²O, Wale Jellow, Dirty dirt, Past?....what?" I read aloud, getting more and more confused by each one I read out.

Zim appeared unphased by it and set a countdown to Monday.

First we started with testing the pastes durability in water. Using a computer to exemplify the test. The result was positive as it appeared it was an immune substance. Zim looked happy.

Then, using some paste he asked me to get from a store, we tested the theory on him. He painted himself with it, standing under a shower head, gesturing for me to turn it on. I pushed the button, making the water rush out of the device.

Zim closed his eyes in preparation for the waters impact but steam failed to emit from him. He was perfectly fine. Then he gestured for me to hit another button, which sent water balloons shooting from the wall and at him. Once again, he was unharmed. I pumped my fist in excitement as Zim smirked.

Once we had completed the defence, Zim explained his fantastic idea for offence to me. I beamed in excitement. This was going to be amazing. It would certainly take a lot of work, but I was certain we could do it.

And Dib will finally get the taste of true vengeance!