Natasha Romanoff

Me, Steve and Scott stood outside as Tony sat in a car. "Well what do we do now?" Steve asked.

"You know what? Give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with the Hulk".

"And it was funny too. You should've seen it", I said.

"You said we had one shot", Scott said. "This was our shot. We shot it, it's shot. Six stones or nothing. It was six stones or nothing".

"You're repeating yourself, you know that? You're repeating yourself", Tony said.

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself. No. You never wanted a time Heist. You weren't on board with the time heist", Scott argued with Tony.

"I dropped a ball", Tony said.

"You ruined the time heist", Scott said.

"Is that what I did?"

"Yeah".

"Are there any other options with the Tesseract?" Steve asked.

"No, no, no. There is no other option. There's no do overs. We're not going anywhere else. We have one particle left. Each. That's it, alright. We use that, bye-bye. You're not going home",Scott said.

"Well if we don't try then no one else is going home either", Steve said.

"I got it", Tony said as he got out of the car. "There's another way to retake the Tesseract and acquire new particles. Little stroll down memory lane. Military Installation, Garden State".

"When were they both there?" Steve asked Tony.

"They were there at a time I had a vaguely exact idea", Tony said.

"How vague?" Steve asked.

"What are you talking about? Where are we going?" Scott asked. Tony ignores him.

"I know for a fact they were there".

"Who's they? What are we doing?"Scott asked.

"And I know how I know".

"Guys, what is it?"

"Well it looks like we're improvising",Steve said.

"Great"

"What are we improvising?" Scott asked. Steve walked towards me and Scott.

"Scott, get this back to the compound. Take Zia with you", Steve said.

"Suit up", Tony said to Steve. Well I guess I'm not going on any more Time Traveling trips. I didn't even need my dagger. Tony and Steve left, leaving me and Scott.

"They still think of me as a child", I said, shaking my head. "I'm 23, for crying out loud".

_______________________________________

A minute after me and Scott arrived back at the Avengers Facility, the others came back. I walked onto the machine.

"Well?" I asked.

"Did we get them all?" Bruce asked.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey asked. I smiled.

I looked over at Clint. He looked sad. My smile faded. Natasha isn't with us. Where is she?

"Clint, where's Nat", Bruce asked. Clint was on his knees. He didn't say anything.

"Where's Mom?" I asked. He still didn't answer.

I knew what this meant. Wait, no. No. She can't be...she can't. Clint looked at me. By the look in his eyes, I could tell it was true.

I dropped to my knees. I banged my fist on the machine, creating a loud bang. I started sobbing.

The woman who took me in, the only mother I ever knew, the one who took me under her wings and taught me the things I know, the woman who cared about me and raised me as if I were her own, was gone.