Returning to Earth

I looked up when I heard rumbling coming from outside. I rushed out of the Avengers Facility with Natasha, Steve, Bruce and Rhodey.

We looked up to see Carol carrying a spaceship towards us. Carol was a friend of Uncle Nick Fury's. Fury disappeared as well and we found his pager.

When the ship landed, Nebula came out of the ship along with Tony. Me and Steve ran up to them. We both helped Tony out of the ship. Rocket sat down next to Nebula.

"Couldn't stop him", Tony says.

"Neither could I", Steve said.

"Or I", I said.

"I lost the kid", Tony says. I knew that he meant Peter Parker. I put a hand on Tony's shoulder.

"Tony, we lost", Steve says. Pepper walked towards us. She and Tony hugged each other as Pepper cries, relieved that he was okay. The four of us walked inside.

_______________________________________

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to earth", Rhodey says. There were pictures shown of the people who disappeared like, Stephen Strange, Selvig, Sam, Sharon Carter, Wanda and Hope Van Dyne.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census and it looks like he did...he did exactly what he said he was going to do", Natasha says. I looked over at Tony and saw him looking at a picture of Peter Parker. I looked over at Carol and saw her looking at a picture of Nick Fury.

I looked at the screen in front of me. I saw a picture of my father, Loki. I felt the urge to cry, but I held back my tears. "Was he...?" Tony started. I nodded, knowing what the rest of that sentence was. I looked at the screen again and saw the image change into a picture of Pietro. I pulled out the ring that Pietro gave. I showed it to Tony. Tony puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanos wiped out...50% of all living creatures", Natasha finished.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asks.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through", Steve says.

"What's wrong with him", Tony asks, pointing to Thor, who was outside.

"He's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but you know, there's a lot of that going around, ain't there", Rocket said.

"He also lost his brother", I said.

"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a build-a-bear",Tony says to Rocket. I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe I am", Rocket says.

"We've been hunting Thanos for 3 weeks now. Deep space scans and satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him", Steve says.

"Who told you that? I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the store. That's what happened", Tony says. "There was no fight cause he's not beatable

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?" Steve asks.

"I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming", Tony says.

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus", Steve says.

"And I needed you. As in, past tense. That trumps what you need. It's too late, buddy. Sorry", Tony says. "You know what I need? I need to shave".

Tony knocks down the cups on the table and got up. "No, you look fine", I said to lighten up the mood. Obviously, it didn't work. I knew that there was an argument ready to happen. So I prepared myself for the worst. Well I don't know what can be worse than this. The whole "Half of the universe has disintegrated" thing.

"And I believe I remember telling all...", Tony started as he ripped out the water machine out of his arm.

"Tony, Tony", Rhodey says, but Tony didn't listen.

"...alive and otherwise, that what we needed was a suit of armor around the world. Remember that? Whether it impacted our precious freedoms or not. That's what we needed", Tony argued.

"Well that didn't work out, did it?" Steve asks in a calm tone.

"I said we'd loose. You said, 'We'll do that together, too'. And guess what, Cap? We lost. And you weren't there. That's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the 'Avengers'. We're the 'Avengers', not 'Pre-vengers'. Right?" Tony asks.

"Okay. You made your point", Rhodey says.

"Just sit down, okay?" I said.

"No, no. You weren't there either. Where were you while I was getting my ass kicked? Oh, right. You went to Asgard so you could hide from your problems instead of fixing them and that's not who you are", Tony says to me.

"Tony, I left because the Accords tore us apart. We're not about to have this conversation. Just sit down, please", I said in a calm tone.

"Okay. No, no. Here's my point. You know what?" Tony asks.

"Tony, you're sick. Sit down", Rhodey says.

"We need you. Your new blood. Bunch of tired old mules. I got nothing for you, Cap", Tony says as he walks away from me and Rhodey. "I got no coordinates, no clues, no strategies, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada. No trust, Liar".

Tony rips his arc reactor out of his chest which made me silently gasp. He put the Arc Reactor in Steve's hand.

"Here, take this. You find him, you put that on, you hide", Tony says before he drops to his knees. Me and Rhodey walked over to him. "I'm fine. Let me...". And with that Tony collapsed.

"Tony!" I called out.