They Always Say That

~Your Pov~

Strange dream. I-It felt like Loki was here with me. A soft knock on the door caught my attention.

"Come in!"

Steve walks into the room with a bag and a packet "Ready to go home?" He curiously asked as I nodded my head. "Nat told me to give you this." He handed me a bag and I open it to find sweatpants, fuzzy socks, and an oversize sweater.

"I'll be outside. Call me if you need anything," Steve close the door behind him as I quickly pull out the clothes to change out of the patient gown. 

Adjusting the sweater "I'm ready Steve!" Calling out his name as he walks into the room with a wheelchair.

Steve gently picks me up from the bed and places me in the wheelchair. "Ready?" He leans over as I nodded my head. Rolling through the hospital hallways to see the last glips of the doctor who healed me.

The doors opened on their own as a black car waited outside. Steve quickly opens the door helping me inside the car. "Ready to see your new home?" Nodding my head in response as I lean against the window as we drove past concentration in new york city.

Will I ever go back to Asgard or even visit H/p? Closing my eyes remembering the old times before being forced into an unknown planet. "We've arrived!" He jumped out of the car running around it to open the door for me.

Helping me back onto the wheelchair to be wheeled into Stark tower. "Jarvis, please open the elevator doors," Steve orders as the doors open. He presses a button to be lifted up to the last floor on the elevator number.

Being rolled into the room to find it empty "Where's everyone?" I turned around to face Steve in confusion.

"Furry sent them out to press conference but they'll be back in a few minutes," Looking around the surrounding of the tower to find it to be under construction. "Aren't you supposed to be with them too?"

Steve shrugged his shoulders "Never been a fan of meetings. I'm sure they'll do fine without me," The elevator doors quickly open to relieve Natasha, Clint, Tony, and Bruce walking into the room.

"Y/n! I'm glad to see your liking the place!" Tony happily exclaims as I nodded my head. "Glad to see my clothes still fit you,"

Nat eyed me as I notice someone missing. A person who didn't visit me in the hospital "Where's Thor?" I curiously asked as they look at each other. "Thor escorted Loki back to Asgard," Steve said.

"He believes it's best for you to stay here to recover before returning to Asgard," Bruce tried to explain as I let out a sigh "For, now Fury wants to talk to you Y/n," Nat said "I'll take you," Steve was about to wheel me out of the room but to be stopped by Tony.

"You already picked up Y/n from the hospital Capsicle. I think I'll take this one," He grabbed the steering of the wheelchair.

"Boys, I think Y/N and I are going to need some girl time. I'll take this one," Nat brought up her arms stopping Steve and Tony from getting into an argument "Hold up Romanoff don't use that card," Barton argued.

Looking among the group who were arguing with each other about who is going to escort me and I felt myself being wheeled away. "Let's get you to Fury," Looking up to see Bruce wheeling me to Fury's office.

Going down a couple of levels and into a new hallway to find many agents running in and out of rooms. A large door was ahead of the end of the hallway to see Fury's name was placed outside of the door.

Entering the office to be quiet but catching Fury's attention "Thank you, Banner. Please close the door on your way out," Turning my head to watch Bruce walking out of the room.

"Do you know why I called you in? Your Highness?" Fury curiously asked as I slowly nod my head.

Fury turns his computer around showing footage of me blasting chitauri out of the sky and creating a barrier from an explosion.

"During, the battle with Loki our cameras were able to capture you in action. You're quite strong and quick in battle and that is why you are a perfect match to join the Avengers," Slowly looking down at my hands in a bit of fear and anxiety.

J-Join the Avengers? W-What will Odion, or my parents think? Will they be proud? I raised my head up "What do you say your highness?" He asked the question as I look back at the footage.

"It will be an honor to join the Avengers..."

Fury held his hand out as I shake his hand "Welcome to the team. For the time being you should focus yourself on recovering," He motions for Bruce to enter the room. Being wheeled away and into an elevator but as the doors opened to relieve everyone glaring at Bruce.

"What?"

"You sneaky little hulk. Taking Y/n without us knowing," Tony playfully said as I let out a sigh "By, the time you guys finished deciding. Fury would have beaten your guy's ass,"

"What did fury want to talk to you about?" Nat curiously asked, "He asked me to join the team," I responded as everyone in the room lit up in a smile at the idea. "What did you say?" Clint curiously asked.

"Of course, Y/n said yes! We need to celebrate!" Tony playfully hit his arm as I let out a fake cough to catch their attention again "Umm, did you forget?"

I pointed at my injuries "After, Y/N recovers from her injuries," He re-phrased himself "So, who's going to help me change?" Curiously asked the group as they all raised their hands.

"I'm joking! I can change myself," Laughing off at the request I made. I rolled myself into my new room to look around to find a queen-size bed, a tv, a bathroom, and a walk-in closet with a bunch of clothes already paid for.

Rolling myself back into the living room to find everyone on their phones before looking back at me.

"What's going on?"

"Fury has sent each of us a mission. We're leaving first thing in the morning," Clint said.

"So...your all gonna leave me alone in this big tower?" I asked. "No, we're going to have agents and my bodyguard to check on you. It won't be long," Tony explains letting out a sigh before rolling myself to near a window.

"Gonna be all alone just like in Asgard," I mumble under my breath as I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"It won't belong. I promise," Nat reassures me.

They always say that...