Heated Conversation

~Wanda's Pov~

Steve sat down next to me as Pietro stayed standing leaning against the wall. "This job . . . we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that, next time . . . maybe nobody gets saved."

Vision materializes through the wall as I flinch from his action 

"Vis! We talked about this" I reminded him.

"Yes, but the door was open, so I assumed that . . ." Vision gestured to the door but stopped himself from continuing on. "Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark and Ms. Y/n were arriving." Steve looks down at the ground sighing before looking back at Vision.

"Thank you. We'll be right down."

"I'll . . . use the door." Vision awkwardly walks towards the door ."Oh, and apparently, he's brought a guest." Stopping near the doorway.  I tilted my head to the side 

"We know who it is?"

"The Secretary of State." Vision walked out of the room as I felt my phone in my pocket beings to vibrate. Pulling my phone out of my pocket to find a text sent from Y/n. 

"Don't let those newscasters define who you are. You'll always be the kind-hearted person I know who you are,"

I smiled at the text. She always knew how to cheer me up. "Wanda what are you smiling at?" Pietro curiously asked as I put my phone back in my pocket. 

"Nothing Pietro. We should head downstairs. They're probably waiting for us,"

~Your Pov~

Sitting in a meeting room with Secretary Ross standing in front of the table. "Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass . . ."

"I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives . . . but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some . . . who would prefer the word "vigilantes"." He made eye contact with almost everyone in the room.

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha curiously asked looking up at the secretary.

"How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" He moves aside and activates a screen behind him. 

The screen shows footage of the battle of new york "New York." A Chitauri leviathan. Terrified citizens. A soldier firing a gun. The Hulk smashes into a building and sends a dust cloud to engulf the camera. Rhodey looks regretful as he glances behind him at Natasha.

"Washington DC."The three Insight helicarriers, firing on each other. The destroyed Triskelion. A helicarrier crashed into the potomac and threw up a massive wave, engulfing citizens and the camera.

I narrow my eyes at the footage. W-When was this?!? H-How come I-I didn't know. Turned my head around to see Sam looking down at his lap. 

"Sokovia." Wanda and Pietro's eyes stayed on the screen as they watch terrified citizens, running in horror and fear. The city raising switching towards a building falling over. 

"Lagos." A burning building caught up in flames as paramedics were moving a body out of the building. As the footage changed to showing a dead girl in the dust of the building ruins. I turned my head to see the sorrow in Wanda's eyes as Pietro put his hand on his sister's shoulder.