Where's Thor?

~Thor's Pov~

Beautiful, undisturbed nature as I hear the ocean nearby. Loki lands on the grassy ground, and the portal closes behind us. I turned my head to look up ahead.

A lone figure stands on the other side of the meadow at the cliff's edge as waves crash below us. He was wearing plainly humble human clothing. Taking a few steps forward to stand next to him

"Father?" 

"Look at this place. It's beautiful." He stares out at the clear sky as I looked at him in worry "Father, it's us," Loki slowly walks to the left side of father staring down at the ground. "My sons I've been waiting for you,"

"I know. We've come to take you home"

"Home, yes. Your mother, she calls me. Do you hear it?" I slowly looked up at Loki as I grip my fists. "Loki, lift your magic." Father turns around to look at Loki who stiffens up a bit but he proudly smiles at him.

"Took me quite a while to break free from your spell. Frigga would have been proud."

Loki looks over to see me staring at him with anger building as father puts a hand on my shoulder calming me down. "Come and sit with me. I don't have much time." He walks towards a pile of rocks sitting down in the middle.

Sitting down next to him as I gaze down at the ground before looking back up "I know that we failed you, but we can make this right."

"I failed you. It is upon us...Ragnarok"

I narrow my eyes at his words "No, I've stopped Ragnarok. I put an end to Surtur." He shook his head staring back at the ocean.

"No. It has already begun. She's coming. My life was all that held her back, but my time has come. I can not keep her away any longer."

I closely look at father in confusion "Father, who are you talking about?" He slowly looks up at me. 

"The Goddess of Death. Hela. My firstborn."

"Your sister."

"Your what?"

I looked up at Loki who stares at me in confusion before looking back at father. "Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. Locked her away. She draws her strength from Asgard...and once she gets there, her powers will be limitless."

Why? Why did he hide this for years?!? Staring down at the ground in confusion "Whatever she is, we can stop her. We can face her together." 

"No, we won't. I'm on a different path now. This you must face alone." Struggling to breathe father grabs my hand. 

"I love you, my sons."

Tears slowly run down my cheeks as father lets go of my hand "Look at that. Remember this place. Home."

Father's body slowly turns into stardust as I get up from the pile of rocks to watch it disappear into the sky. The sky above darkens and the winds pick up as my breath begins to heavyweight on me. 

"Brother," I feel lightening within my own hands.

"This is your doing," I turn toward Loki, his eyes burning with rage as he takes a step back. A black portal splits open as I slam down mjolnir on the ground transforming into Asgardian armor.

A piercing scream cuts the air as a figure is hurtled out of the portal, crashing out of this dimensional rift as a woman with pitch-black hair and wearing black and sliver Asgardian armor walks out of the portal.