You're Coming With Me

~Third Person Pov~

"Are you okay?" 

Vision flinches in pain before he can answer.

"What? What is it?"

"He's here."

The wind picks up. It feels... strange. Eerie. "Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." Steve said through their earpiece as he is joined by the Black Widow, Falcon, Okoye, and the Black Panther in short order. 

"What the hell?" They all stand in a circle looking around the area. Bruce sees the blue-black clouds of a Space Stone relocation just before Thanos steps forward, and confirms this isn't just another member of the Black Order.

"Cap. That's him."

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." 

Bruce reaches Thanos first, lunging forward fist-first - but Thanos uses the space stone on him, rendering him immaterial until the Hulkbuster is half-buried in the stone of the cliff behind him, and freezes him in place. Steve is sent flying by soul stone before he even gets to strike a single blow. 

T'Challa's armor fully charged kinetically, leaps high and with claws extended, but is easily grabbed by the throat and punched to the ground, his armor discharging violently.

Falcon stoops, strafing with both strey pistols, but is felled when his wings become rubbery and unable to sustain flight.

"Wanda. It's time."

 Wanda quickly shook her head "No. Vision. They can't stop him!" Vision grabs her hand "Wanda, but we can. Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone while y/n isn't here,

"Don't..." 

"You must do it. Wanda, please. We. Are. Out of time."

"I can't." 

"Yes, you can. You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies." Wanda began to tear up "It's not fair..." Vision held her hand  "It shouldn't be you, but it is. It's all right. You could never hurt me. I just... feel you." Slowly letting go of Wanda as she extends a trembling hand and starts beaming her energy at the mind stone.

War Machine joins the fight, firing his guns at Thanos until he uses the gauntlet to crush his armor around him and toss him aside. Bucky runs in firing and is punched away by the Power Stone.

Okoye activates the vibranium-powered elements on her spear and flings it; Power stops it inches from Thanos, and throws her and it aside while wrapping the Black Widow in unescapable bands of earth.

Groot stabs his hands into the ground to wrap Thanos in cables of roots, which he breaks easily. Wanda watches all this over one shoulder and turns back to Vision to add her left hand to her tearful effort.

Pietro quickly ran towards Thanos to be blasted across the field by the soul stone. Steve slides under one blow and comes up swinging his deployed arm shields, punching Thanos in the gut and chin. 

He grabs the gauntlet, keeping Thanos's fingers unclenched. Thanos looks very briefly impressed at steve's efforts as he screams before slamming a fist into his head and rendering him insensible.

Wanda looks over her shoulder again and sees Thanos approaching unopposed. She swings her left hand around to fend him off with a stream of scarlet energy and pushes him back despite his blue-purple energy shield, but then he starts to make slow headway.

 "It's all right. It's all right. I love you." 

At those words, the mind stone finally starts to crack. Vision's face is overcome by an expression of joyful peace, and as the crystal fragments completely, a pulse of pure yellow energy explodes from him, shuddering the trees for many meters around his epicenter. 

Wanda's and Thanos's energy subsidies. Thanos walks closer to Wanda "I understand, my child. Better than anyone." 

"You could never!" 

He reaches down to presume to stroke her hair as if in comfort "Today, I lost more than you can know. But now is no time to mourn. Now... is no time at all." He reaches forward, clenching the gauntlet, emerald filigree surrounding his wrist, making a gesture very similar to that Doctor Strange made when activating the Eye of Agamotto.

In response, a bead of yellow light starts gathering in on itself as time is reversed and growing in size, solidifying into an intact and conscious Vision. 

"NO!" 

She lunges for Vision and is swatted away as Thanos picks up Vision by the throat, lifting him to eye-level, and digs the fingers of his right hand into Vision's forehead, digging out the mind stone. 

He pulls it loose, and Vision goes limp and colorless; he tosses the lifeless android aside like trash. Bringing his gauntleted hand up, he slowly moves the mind stone over the last empty setting and drops it in. 

The energy surge is much more than any previous - his torso is wreathed with iridescent static and he bellows from the sensations.

As Thanos studies the completed gauntlet, a massive bolt of lightning strikes him, digging him into the ground and grinding him back for meters. Thor has arrived, eyes glowing with power, stooping down from the sky like a bird of prey. 

The God of Thunder pauses his attack, reverses his position, raises Stormbreaker above his head, and hurls it -- Thanos fires the whole might of the gauntlet against it, but it only creates a rainbow-like bowshock, not slowing the axe as it slams right into Thanos' chest.  

Thor lands in front of Thanos, who is down on one knee; hatefully. "I told you. You'd die for that!" He takes hold of the back of Thanos's head and forces Stormbreaker deeper into his chest, staring angrily into his eyes while Thanos cries out in pain.

"You should have... You...You should have gone for the head!" He raises his gauntlet and snaps his fingers.

"NO!" 

The scene whites out. It cuts sharply to a view of Thanos his hand on his chest, no wounds visible. Thanos now seems to be inside the soul stone, where he sees a young Gamora and the pavilion from the homeworld of the Zen-Whoberi.

"Daughter?" 

"Did you do it?"

"Yes. Gamora,"

"What did it cost?" 

"Everything..."

Out of the Soul World, Thanos is snapped back to normal reality and notices the damage inflicted on the gauntlet - the metal scorched and distorted from heat, the stones no longer glowing.

"What'd you do? WHAT'D YOU DO?! "

You teleported behind Thanos heavily breathing with cuts and bruises all over your body. Most notable is your neck all bruised up. "Y/n! What happened to you!?!" Thor exclaimed about to run toward your aid.

Until Thanos roughly grabs you by your hair "You're coming with me," He uses the space stone and teleports away, leaving Stormbreaker behind on Wakandan ground.

"Y/N!!"