8. Germaphobic? (edited)

Start from the beginning

Uh okkkaaaayyyy.

Zim jumped up on to the desk, yelling "VICTORY FOR ZIM!" And everyone turned to face us again.

I slammed my head on the desk, groaning.

....

At the end of the day, zim and I had met up in order to walk home together. We were planning on going to Zims house.

Ok, if that isn't a friends thing then I dont know what is.

Anyway, when we arrived I was suprised to see Gir jumping from the floor and onto my leg. I chuckled a little, suppressing a small squeal.

"Hiya!" He yelled enthusiastically.

"Hiya, Gir" I replied, attempting to match his tone and walking in. He clung to my leg as I followed Zim into the 'house'.

I sat on the couch, picking Gir up and placing him beside me. He rolled on to his side with a squeaky whir and kept grip on my finger with his tiny hands. I smiled down at him just as Zim walked past, no longer wearing his disguise.

"Y/n, I must report to my leaders! You will wait here until I'm done." He commanded.

"Okie dokie" I complied, doing a small salute. Zim seemed rather satisfied with my answer and left to climb into the trash can.

He slowly descended down, disappearing from sight. I watched him do this until I could no longer see his antennae poking out.

Gir looked up at me, now sitting up properly. He grabbed the remote sitting next to him and gave it to me.

"Wanna watch something with me!?!" He said....well screamed....

"What do you wanna watch?" I beamed, turning the TV on.

Gir took the remote from me, pushing buttons and then putting it down when the screen flashed onto a show I hadn't recognised. Picking up the remote, I checked the info on it.

'The angry monkey show' read the title. It certainly didnt sound like anything I'd seen in the past. I turned the information box off and just let it resume, not wanting to upset Gir in any way.

The angry monkey show had no plot. It seemed to just focus on a monkey that stared into the screen until someone walked by and he'd get angry, causing a ruckus in the process. Then he'd stop and the cycle would repeat. It was actually quite boring but it was funny when the monkey attacked humans with bananas.

I wasnt watching it for long before I heard Zim screech.

I fell off the couch in a panic, bumping my head on the arm. Gir didnt even flinch, almost like he wasnt aware of what just happened. I ignored it and moved my focus back onto the shrill cry of Zim.

I didnt even think before I darted towards the trash can. Before I could even enter, however, Zim burst out of it and rushed towards the kitchen. I barely processed what had happened but shook my head and followed him.

He was using a spatula to try and remove the meat he was covered in. He wedged the kitchen tool in between his skin and the meat.

"What's going on!?" I queried frantically and rushed over.

"Meat, fused to flesh!!" He screeched, desperately trying to remove the meat.

I sighed, walking over.

"Zim"

He didnt stop, he continued trying to pry the meat off himself and would not calm down.

"Zim" I tried again.

He still panicked, about to run off again. I stopped him, putting my hands on his shoulders and gave him a stern look.

"Zim!" I yelled a little louder. He stopped struggling and looked up at me. He had a grimance on his face, looking rather uncomfortable.

"Its ok, you just need to calm down. The more you panic, the harder you'll make the situation." I explained, gaze softening and my voice calmer.

Zim said nothing but seemed ashamed and embarrassed by what was happening. It was strange, not right, seeing him so quiet. He almost looked defeated. It was kind of depressing to see him look so shameful of a little accident. He was acting as if he lost all of his dignity.

I removed my hand from his shoulder and calmly began to help him remove the meat. I didnt say anything, not wanting to make him feel worse.

It wasnt as bad as he thought. Though the meat did almost blind him when it invaded his eye sockets. It did take a little time to remove but remaining calm seemed to help the process.

All panicking did was make zim lose sight of what was his skin and what was the actual meat. I'm not sure how you could get the two mixed up but I suppose Zim was extra freaked by it.

Once he was clear of meat I had put the spatula down. If zim doesnt use the kitchen, why does he even have the instruments for one?....

He refused to make eye contact, which made sense. Zim was usually overflowing with confidence and pride so having a human help him with meat/skin fusion would be pretty embarassing after all of the claims he made. It also didnt help that his leaders probably saw it happen too. The most respected beings on Zims planet witnessed it. There was no doubt in my mind that Zim was feeling a mix of discomfort and humiliation.

I tried distracting him from the recent event.

"...you know?...Gir made me watch this awful TV show with him. It was very boring" I said trying to lighten up the mood.

"The angry monkey show?" He asked, already used to Girs tv selections. His defeated look was still present but distracting him seemed like a good call.

I nodded, "though I must admit, it is funny to see people get bananas thrown at them".

Zim chuckled a little and nodded.

"I think its funnier when the monkey does nothing and they trip over the bananas all on their own" he said, slowly getting into the conversation, now beginning to smile a little. I laughed along.

"That's true. Nothing is better than watching other humans fall over." I confessed.

"Is it popular?" He questioned.

"One of the most popular forms of comedy/entertainment"

Zim hummed in interest, seeming to forget about the event prior to the conversation, much to my relief. Seeing him lack his confidence just seemed....so wrong.

Minutes turned into hours of talking and the kitchen had turned into the living room, where me and Zim sat on the couch. He was actually sitting next to me this time.

And no, not just cause Gir wasnt there. I sat next to Gir and zim asked for him to move over. I was in awe at the scene that unfolded before me. But I smiled nonetheless.

"So that's why I think youd suit a top hat" I finished, leaning against the arm of the sofa.

"Well I am an Irken of style" Zim mused, smirking.

We both laughed. I paused for a moment.

"Irken?"

"That's the name of my species. We're known as the mighty irken race!" He claimed, standing on the seat and doing a proud stance, highlighting the last part.

I looked up, watching him proudly state the superiority of his race. I could only watch and listen with full interest.

Though he didnt really explain his race or how anything on his home planet worked, it was still interesting to hear his opinion on his own kind. Knowing difference in our opinions of our species was interesting. I despised my own, but Zim was proud of his.

It was at that moment that I knew there was so much more to learn about Zim.