Chapter 17 - Giggles And Sighs

Sypha P.O.V.

All through the day and through dinner Y/N and Alucard have been going back and forth with silly looks and giggles like a couple of children. It's been quite funny to watch the two of them go back and forth making faces and making the other laugh, but now I wanted in on the joke. I walked over to Y/N while she was apart from everyone and stuck my nose in.

"So?" I lead off. "What's going on with you and Alucard?"

"Whatever do you mean, Sypha?" she answered back with a knowing grin. I tried to be angry that she was evading my line of questioning, but that smirk made me give her one in return.

"You and Alucard with the looks you've been giving each other. The goofy smiles and laughs that have been going on all afternoon and evening. That's what I mean." I figured if I was going to ask a question, ask the whole question.

She smiled. "Adrian asked me if I'd like to sleep in a bed for a change. I said yes, so he moved me. We both agreed we should get back around you two before Belmont started giving us that look he gives you when he thinks he knows what's going on."

I turned and gave her that goofy smirk that Belmont gives when he thinks something sordid is going on in his midst: the one with the wiggling eyebrows. When she saw it, she immediately burst out laughing.

"Yeah! That one!" she shouted on a laugh. "Adrian and I have been going back and forth giving that look to each other, which is why we've been laughing this whole time." She let the laughter in her voice wind down before wiping her eyes and looking back at me. "Sorry we left you out of the fun, but it just kind of kept going."

"It's no big deal, Y/N," I reassured her. "It was just odd to see the two of you going on the way you were considering..."

"Considering that Alucard tried to keep me at arm's length since day one?" she pressed. I could see the amusement in her eyes as she regarded me while awaiting my answer. I couldn't help but smile.

"Well, yes. There is that." I decided that it was now or never to open this bag of unpleasantness. "I know that Alucard didn't exactly roll out the welcoming mat for your arrival, but I'd...we'd, that meant all of us, hoped that he would warm up to you." She smiled softly while I continued.

"I know it wasn't your fault, what happened before your arrival here, but Alucard was pretty damn fragile mentally after what happened. What disturbs me more is that he felt that way while we were gone and we hadn't even really been parted for more than a month beforehand. He told us about the fact that he was having conversations with himself and everything while we were gone because of that loneliness. This is a pretty big place to be alone in after realizing that you just killed the only living parent."

Y/N nodded before speaking. "I know what happened isn't my fault. I just hate the fact that he had to go though something like that. Granted sex is used as a weapon even in my time, but to attack someone so young at heart nauseates me."

"Yes, using sex as a weapon to make an opening to strike someone so vulnerable has been one of the main ways kingdoms are built and destroyed for many a year, but it never does become something most people would stoop to."

She smirked now. "And, of course, Belmont has sex on the brain...when it isn't occupied with the search for ale or trying to find out if someone else is having sex."

I laughed. "Why that ass would want to stick his nose into Alucard's sex life after the two of them practically come to blows every single time they're in a room together is beyond me."

"Perhaps he's just worried that Adrian's dick is bigger than his. I mean you saw how fast he rushed out of here when I made comment about the size of their manhood."