Chapter 54 - Fall Back

Trevor P.O.V.

"You know," I began, "of all the fucked up ideas that have come out of this whole situation, this one is probably, hands down, the dumbest motherfucking one of them all."

"But Trevor," Sypha tried to interrupt. I raised my finger to stop her from continuing.

"However, its probably the best one yet." Three people looked at me in surprise, so I kept going. "As much as I'd like to say 'this shit won't work' or 'are you fucking insane?' or even 'what the fuck are you thinking?', even I have to admit that the shortcut route of just showing them what becomes of the world after the changes would be better than just trying to convince them."

Y/N flew at me. I started to worry that she was going to punch me in the face for the shit I just said, but instead she gripped me in a hug and laughed.

"Thank you!" she shouted happily. "It really was just a random thought because I was thinking about how much we had to take just to convince Dracula that he would benefit from ridding the world of Carmilla."

"Even I have to admit that its quite a bit," Sypha sighed. "Granted, it may take a bit of it to convince them to come here, but it would be so much easier to bring them here to show them what you mean."

"I didn't want to admit it," I said while pinching the bridge of my nose, "but there was a lot going back with us just to convince Papa Fang Fang what's what. It seemed a bit....much."

"A bit?" Y/N muttered.

"Don't lower your opinion of yourself, love," Fang Face said. "You were only trying to prepare for every eventuality, and that's something to be proud of, not tossed aside and devalued."

"At any rate," I mentioned, "this all hangs on whether or not your plan to pull Mummy and Daddy from Hell will work. Not trying to throw water on the fire here, but it seemed to hinge on that very thing happening for you to actually need all of that stuff. Not saying I don't want to kick your ass at some video games, though."

"Actually, I have to agree with Belmont on this one," Sypha quickly admitted. "I'm sorry, Y/N."

"No," Y/N answered quickly. "Don't be sorry about it, you guys. I would rather have you guys tell me the truth and your opinions ahead of time, perhaps before we got to this point would have been a better time, for instance, instead of you holding it all in and lying to my face. You're in my time, not my employ. I'm not the boss here. I'm just spit balling here and throwing out whatever idea comes to mind to make sure my ass is covered for every possibility."

Fang Face spoke up next. "Why don't you just bring the same things you brought the first time, but bring the gifts you have for them with you as well? That way once they know you're not full of shit or waiting for them to turn their backs to put a knife in it, you can try to convince them to come to your time?"

"Somehow I don't think it will take much to convince your mother to come to this time," Sypha remarked with a chuckle. "If anything, she'll probably lead your father around by his ears to make him follow."

"Probably," Fang Face said on a laugh. As fucked up as this whole idea was, and as much of a long shot as it was going to be, I had hope that it would go as smoothly as Y/N wanted it to. Not just for her relationship with that blonde bloodsucker, but for everyone.

Alucard P.O.V.

We had gathered all the things that Y/N had when she came through the first time and heard her speak the words for the return to my time. We made our way through and stepped back on the rug in the center of the floor, the room itself not appearing to have changed or gathered any dust at all. While Y/N collected the mirror shards and placed them back in the box along with the rest of the mirror, the rest of us moved to put things where they were before.