Chapter 92 - Madness Has It's End

Alucard P.O.V.

Even as my father and mother came to our aid to deal with Carmilla, the soldiers and night creatures continued their assault on the rest of us. Sypha and Belmont were standing in front of the doors to prevent anyone getting to the townspeople huddling inside while Y/N and I were out in the square to keep the soldiers away from my father. Mother quickly shuffled lagging townspeople toward the shelter, her eyes never leaving the figure of the cursed bitch that brought all this destruction in her wake.

I knew they could handle themselves, but there's only so much a son can think of, especially one that's witnessed the passing of their progenitors...one even at his own hand. The thought of my mother being forced to live without my father brought forth thoughts of how my father reacted when my mother was taken from him. Her sorrow wouldn't be dealt with nearly as violently, but she would have taken her revenge on those who took him from her. I rather thought she'd react the same way as Y/N would, using her knowledge of herbs to deal out her own personal brand of revenge.

And as to my mate, it was getting harder and harder for me to take my eyes off her. The beauty with which she fought mesmerized me every single time my eyes lit on her plush figure. Her flashing (e/c) eyes that held a bit of a reddish glint, her crooked smile that showed her fangs just behind her lips...maybe father was right when he said it would take a while to get by this need to have my way with her. Even now I could feel my length harden and the blood begin thrumming through my veins, the need to be inside her rising.

"Pay attention, lover boy!" Belmont shouted. Just then two of the soldiers came toward me with their swords raised, their yelling jarring me from any other thoughts as I scrambled to fight back. With our swords clashing together and ringing out into the square, I quickly dispatched them and moved onto the next group.

"You need to worry about our enemies and not when you're going to dip your dick again, you idiot fanged fuck!" that asshole had the nerve to shout out to me. He was right, but...fuck him. Regardless of what I was doing, I constantly found myself checking to ensure Y/N was safe. She was strong and she was a vampire, but that didn't mean she was indestructible. Nevertheless, I resumed my fight with our attackers in earnest with the hopes that this battle would be over soon.

Dracula P.O.V.

Carmilla's arms swung wildly toward me, her claws having to be three times longer than before. Her fangs extended, jaw looking as if it were dislocated like a snake's, lunged toward my throat in a paltry effort to rip it out, an effort that I swatted away easier than a fly. Her movements were more harried than planned, her grief and anger ruling her mind more than her usual calculating confidence, easily were deflected or dodged.

"Why won't you just die?!" her voice screeched from her gaping maw. "This should all be mine! It belongs to me! Why aren't you dead! Just DIE!" Her lunging strikes came in a flurry of movement, but each failed to strike her target as I moved from side to side.

"You are a sad woman, Carmilla. Why do you persist when you know you cannot win?" I asked, truly baffled by her continued attempts to strike me, while her attempts began to look more like a child swatting at flying bugs.

"If I cannot win, why do you fear being struck by me?" she foolishly asked. "You know you will die by my hand, so why don't you stop now and save your dignity. Or do you wish to continue to look like a frightened child in front of your child and people?"

I swiveled away from one of her next strikes as she bent to pick up a sword. With her new found weapon she slashed toward me with unplanned swipes, wild swinging motions that would eventually tire her out even more than she already was. I could see the fatigue starting to take her energy while her face appeared to be shrinking back to it's normal configuration. Still, the anger forced her hand with each attempt, her grief pushed her onward in her futile fight.