Chapter 142 - The Surprise Wedding Part 1

Alucard P.O.V.

We weren't really paying much attention at the time, but suddenly we heard the sound of the Mirror portal opening next to us in the dining room. Y/N looked over into the room with a surprised look on her face as my mother and father emerged with a very mischievous look upon their faces, and when I turned my head I noted the same look reflected on Allen's face as well.

"What's going on?" Y/N asked.

"Well," Father began, "we have a bit of a surprise for you and Adrian."

"And you'll have to put these blindfolds on before we go," Mother chimed in. In her hands she held two blindfolds. But only two.

"Where's Allen's?" I asked.

"He's in on the surprise, so there's no need for him to cover his eyes," Father responded reasonably. "He was part of the reason we've been going through the preparations for this surprise and also why you haven't gotten a wedding gift just yet."

I turned my head to look at Y/N and saw that a wary glance passed over her father, whom only showed her a large smile in return.

"What's going on, dad?" she asked point blank.

"You'll see, glowworm. I guarantee you'll love it, though, so don't be so worried." He placed his hand on her shoulder to exude a bit more of a trusting air to his words, and while I knew she was very apprehensive, she nodded her head and moved toward my parents as calmly as she could.

Now this is why I was so completely in love with this woman. It wasn't the pull of the mate that I felt, although I feel that all the time. This was her raw, unadulterated courage and resolve being presented to me. She worked very hard to keep herself calm in situations where she could easily show fear or remain unmovable when most would run away. She'd shown me this from the off regardless of how scared of a situation she was, the one and only time she showed any sense of fear was when she hurt Trevor by accident and when Sypha nearly touched a bruise left by that asshole she had dated before. In all other occasions she only showed her rational and logical side and remained as calm as she could be.

Mother and Father moved around behind us, placed the blindfolds over our eyes and ensured they left no openings for us to see through. I didn't like this at all, but I felt the soft skin of Y/N's hand slide into mine and give it a gentle squeeze. I'm still amazed at how well she can change the mood of anyone with a simple touch, but did my best to keep the dirty thoughts that inevitably came to mind. I could feel Y/N's smile in my mind and a soft chuckle escape her lips as we stood side by side. My parents took our hands and led us through the portal. Allen had his hands on our shoulders and walked along behind us to lead us through smoothly.

Once through the portal we were led in two different directions, but there was a sort of familiar scent that tickled at my nose. I could also hear heartbeats. Multiple ones at that. But before I could question it, two more hands led me through to another room, chuckles of amusement kept low. It wasn't long before I was pulled to a halt and a door closed behind me. Confusion was the only thing rushing though my mind before a small tablet was forced into my mouth. It was bitter to be sure, but I was given a glass of water to wash it down.

"That will make sure you don't do something stupid like use your gifts to see what's going on elsewhere. You won't be able to hear your mate no matter what you do, and she won't be able to hear you either." I could hear my father speaking, but did suddenly feel like my senses were becoming more mute. The thoughts of my beloved slowly began to fade into what could only be described as a foggy haze and into nothingness.