Chapter 103 - Alucard vs Smartphone Round 1

Reader P.O.V.

After our dinner, I grabbed the bags that I'd abandoned at the door and brought them to the couch where Adrian sat looking for something to watch. I grabbed the remote away from him and put it on a music channel.

"Hey!" he grumped, "I was trying to find us a movie or something."

"I know, sweetheart, but I have a couple things to give you."

"Oh yeah," he said with a smile. "You did mention that and that you'd have to help me." I grinned as I leaned over and picked up the bags that I had with me, blocking my thoughts as I knew he'd try prying to figure out what it was I had. And from the frustrated look on his face, I knew I was right.

I opened up the first bag and pulled out an iPad just for him. I got him the tablet, a case and an iTunes card for $100 to start him off because I knew he'd find things he wanted to buy right off the bat. The second was a brand new set of headphones of his own. After seeing how he enjoyed listening to music with my old headphones, I figured that I should bring him into this century by getting his own set.

"You got me these?" he asked happily.

"Yeah," I said. "I think you should start getting used to using the technology of this time, so I went ahead and got you your own. I also have a computer in here that I can help set up and load music on for you."

"Thank you so much, love," Adrian said excitedly as he hugged me to him. As much as I didn't want to admit it, the fact that he was so happy about his gifts made me feel a little giddy. When they said 'its better to give than to receive', they weren't kidding. Just seeing his eyes light up over the boxes alone was enough to wash away everything that had happened through the day. Even the uninvited Allen.

"I have one more thing for you," I said as I reached into the smaller bag. "First, I got you your own phone. Its just like mine so you can just watch me as I work with mine. I'll set it up for you first and add a few numbers you should have at all times."

"What numbers are those?" His quizzical look brought yet another smile from me.

"Well...there's mine, Dad's, Reggie's..."

"Oh! That would be a good idea. They'll be able to help with the wedding arrangements." He turned the box over in his hands, intently looking at every picture and reading every word he could to try to understand how his new toy worked.

"And you'll be able to start taking pictures, too," I added. "This phone actually replaces the tablet and the computer for pretty much everything, but I wanted to you have everything to learn from."

"Whether the phone does everything or not, I want to use everything you gave me," he said seriously. "I have to get used to all of this now and I'm happy you got ones just for me so I don't have to constantly borrow yours. This way if you get a job where you have to design advertisements and the like I won't trouble you by being on whatever electronic you need."

"Well, let me help you get things set up really fast and then you can experiment to your heart's content." He nodded his head and handed everything over.

We spent the better part of the next few hours setting everything up, making accounts, loading music and games and reviewing how everything worked. By the time we finished, it was the next day. I had to go into the kitchen to make us something to eat only for him to rush in before me and begin preparations to cook.

"Nope!" he chuckled as he turned me around and shoved me out of the room. "You had a pretty shit day, so I'll take care of dinner. You go sit down and relax and I'll start cooking."