Chapter 57 - Arrival And Outing...And Explaining...Again

Alucard P.O.V.

Discussions over dinner about what we were going to do once we got back to Y/N's time went long into the evening. Mother and Father learned of what Y/N's family was like and the ex's treatment of her and didn't seem so pleased. I could see the anger twisting on Belmont's face over the discussions going on and could feel the heat coming from Sypha's magic at the table while Y/N explained everything. Mother, being in her element, wrapped her arms around Y/N when she'd noticed the pain and anguish over the things she spoke of beginning to leak through in the form of shuddering and tears. Father even began to become enraged over what he heard.

"What is this need for them to say things about your weight over and over again?" Mother asked. "You're a beautiful young woman, weight be damned. They should praise you for the things you are, not belittle you for what you look like on the outside. I personally think if you were to lose weight, you'd lose some of what makes you beautiful, and I think my Adrian feels the same."

"Well, there is one part he can't stop staring at," Belmont remarked with a smirk.

"Trevor! Stop it!" Sypha said as she smacked his arm and laughed.

"What are you talking about?" Y/N asked truly looking puzzled.

"Well," Sypha began with a somewhat uncomfortable look on her face, "Trevor and I have noticed that Alucard is...well..."

"He's always staring at your ass," Trevor blurted.

I couldn't believe he said it as plainly as that, especially when I was in the middle of drinking some water. I couldn't stop myself from choking a bit and ended up spitting water across the table and coughing. Everyone at the table was chuckling a bit except Y/N and myself. Me because I was choking on water like it was a fish bone stuck in my throat, and Y/N because her face had bloomed like a red rose in spring.

Now we'd finished breakfast and prepared the things we needed to leave and had gathered in the main hall just as we had before, Y/N passing out the shards to each of us after patiently asking the mirror for two more. We could hear the mirror huffing about having to give up two more shards and Y/N explaining that it would be beautiful no matter how many shards were missing. Who would have thought the Mirror of Fate was so vain when most looked into a mirror to inspect their own vanity?

"You are staring at her ass again, aren't you?" I heard my father's voice break into my thoughts. My face quickly turned away from Y/N's figure and toward my father's face, a scowl at being accused.

"I am not!" I countered with a hint of recalcitrance. "And even if I were, its my right to do so."

"I'm merely making an observation, my son." I heard him respond. "Although now that that idiot Belmont has said something, I see why your eyes are drawn to it."

Now my father and I were laughing at something the others had no knowledge of, drawing attention to the two of us. I saw Mother turning to look at us, one eyebrow cocked up and eyes a bit stern, and the two of us laughing just a little bit harder.

"Adrian, stop staring at my ass and get the rest of the stuff together," Y/N said with a humored tone. "And tell your old man to stop looking at my butt, too."

That, of course, brought my father and I up short since she didn't even turn around to look at us, could not possibly have known that I was looking and shouldn't have had any idea that Father started looking in the same direction. She was busy trying to get the box with the mirror into the proper position on the floor and never turned around.

"If you're still puzzled about how I know, I can feel you looking at me. Not to mention Belmont's blunder telling us all out loud that you do it, your father obviously can't help but follow your eyes to see if its true. That....and I'm psychic."