Chapter 136 - All-Male Cleaning Crew

Richter P.O.V.

"Movers got the last of the stuff out, the electricians finished the new fuse box, the new soundproofing insulation is in and the walls have been patched," Leo rattled off. "The painters are getting the tarps down in the bedrooms, Leone is setting up new bookshelves in the study, Allen is trying to wash the new dishes and I'm about to head off to the store to get some more carpet shampoo for that nasty shit in the den. You need anything while I'm out?"

"We do need some more of that Fabuloso stuff," I said, "but not that fresh breeze shit this time. I want that lavender stuff."

"It does smell a hell of a lot better, doesn't it?" he asked on a laugh.

"I buy that stuff even now to get rid of the smell in the bathroom after nacho night," I admitted. "You boys can be some rotten motherfuckers when you have salsa and guac."

"I know," he laughed even harder. "I accidentally chased a perfectly good woman out of my house with a guac fart. She never answered my calls and would run out the back of the office when I came to visit."

"Chipotle for dinner is definitely out," I said. "Now go get the stuff we need so we can finish this and get out for the painters." Leo held his hands up in surrender, grabbed the keys and made his way out. Sometimes that kid can really get on my last nerve, but I'm pretty certain its because he's just like I was at his age.

"I hate new dishes!" Allen hollered from the kitchen.

"I told you to check and make sure all the rubber cement was off them," Vlad admonished. "You know that stuff just gets worse when it gets warm and even worse when it gets wet."

"Did we really have to get so bloody many sets of dishes?" came the grumbled response followed by a laugh.

"You know its because your daughter cooks like a demon and you also know we'll come over in a heartbeat if she invites us," I said as I came round the corner. Seeing Allen with a pair of pink rubber gloves up to his elbows, soap suds half way up to his chest and a smear of bubbles across his forehead was all I needed to whip out my phone and take a picture. Allen was riled up after the offending snap and began throwing water and soap at me, Vlad started laughing at me as I ducked away, Leone came through and helped throw even more water around, Hugue ran up and started helping me deflect the onslaught and Leo walked through the door to the massive mess we were making.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" he hollered. "We're supposed to be cleaning this shit up, not throwing even more on the floor! What the hell is the matter with you guys?" Next thing that happened was a very sloppy, wet washcloth came flying through the air and smacked Leo right in the face, wrapping around his head and slinging water around behind him. It was silent for a moment as the washcloth slowly peeled away from his face and dropped to the ground to land with a very loud splat. Strands of his hair were stuck to his face and made him look as if he had one really long eyebrow and a mustache growing across his chin. Add to this a very large splattering of soap suds that made him look as if he was wearing Wilma Flintstone's necklace and, suddenly, we all couldn't help but laugh.

"You sons of bitches," Leo seethed while whisking the water away from his eyes. We started laughing even harder when he did this because he looked like he was trying to wipe away whipped cream as if he'd been hit with a trick pie or something. I turned to look behind me and saw Hugue doubled over in front of the stove holding his stomach as if he'd been kicked in it. The laugh was so loud and unfamiliar coming from the mostly mute male that it made me want to make him laugh more often.

"Can we get this shit done now?" Leo huffed as he put the bag on the counter top. "I'd like to do something more enjoyable sometime soon. Like drink myself under a table someplace."