Medjack - Gally

Trigger Warnings: mentions of death

"My job in the glade is a medjack. Sometimes it can be extremely hard since we are not a hospital. However, most of the stuff we do is small. Like cleaning out cuts, doing stiches, even giving Chuck a Band-Aid or two. The only hard thing was dealing with the poor runners who got stung. I loved everything about being a medjack. Correction I loved it- past tense." You tell Gally.

24hrs earlier

Jeff came running into the medjack tent in a panic. He yelled, "(Y/N) a glader just collapsed. They are bringing him in now. Prepare a bed". Immediately you started to get the nearest bed ready. That meant putting clean sheets on the bed and putting the medical supplies near it. You turn around just in time to see Gally and Clint carrying Chuck into the medjack tent. 

You gasp out of surprise. It couldn't be Chuck... The one that would always come to get a Band-Aid from you whenever he had the smallest cuts. They put Chuck on the bed you made up. Gally stands a little bit behind, watching you, analyzing you. 

"Y/N don't just stand there! Do something!" He yells. The first step to do when someone collapses is to try and arouse them.

"Chuck....Chuck... Can you hear me?" All the medjacks say at once. 

"Y/N what are you doing? Fix him. Do your job. This is not a social call with him!" Gally yells again.

You can feel the pressure building up on you. Chuck was probably the most beloved glader. A bunch of gladers are entering the tent. It's getting extremely claustrophobic for you. Gally's yelling started to blur in your ears. Jeff and Clint notice and started to try and get the other gladers to leave, promising to keep them updated. The tent was empty except for you and Gally. 

Ok the galders are out; think Y/N. Step two: tilt their head back to clear the airway. And check for breathing. You tilt Chuck's head back and notice his breathing is slow and uneven. That's not good. You can still hear Gally yelling behind you and you can't concentrate. Suddenly, Chuck stops breathing.

You act immediately. Putting your hands on his chest and pushing down on it two times per second. You start to count out loud to thirty. You tilt his head back and breathe in twice. You do that cycle two more times.

"Gally, check for a pulse now!" You scream. He stopped yelling at you and put two fingers on his neck. He gave you the nastiest look ever and stated, "He's dead."

You still continue doing CPR. "Don't you die on me Chuck! You don't get to die today!" You start to mumble. You then start to sob. All of a sudden Chuck takes a deep breath and opened his eyes. Gally jumps back startled. You pull Chuck into a hug. Clint and Jeff enter the tent and you fill them in on the events that occurred. 

You couldn't be in that tent anymore so you walked out. As you were walking out you heard so many shouts by other Gladers wondering about Chuck's wellbeing. You head out to your safe spot in the Deadheads.

Gally carefully comes up to you and asks, "Are you okay?" You wipe my tears with the sleeve of your shirt.

"My job in the glade is a medjack. Sometimes it can be extremely hard since we are not a hospital. However, most of the stuff we do is small. Like cleaning out cuts, doing stiches, even giving Chuck a Band-Aid or two. The only hard thing was dealing with the poor runners who got stung. I loved everything about being a medjack. Correction I loved it- past tense," You tell Gally.

Gally sits beside you and puts his arm around you. "I'm sorry for yelling at you and pushing you Y/N. What you did was not easy. I just couldn't let you lose him. I knew that it would destroy you... I just love you so much and ..... And... I didn't want you to be hurt. Don't hate being a medjack because of me. Please," Gally tells you.

Gally likes you? You lean over and kiss him. It was a sweet and passionate kiss. You pull back and say, "I love you too".