The Nightmare That Won't Stop - Newt

Trigger Warnings: mention of suicide

Every night it's the same. You go get in your pajamas, brush your teeth and lastly say goodnight to the other Gladers. Always around the same time though you get awoken by Newt's screaming. It was killing you inside. You were preparing to go to bed when you bumped into Newt. 

"Hey Newt, is everything okay?" You asked, trying to push on the topic of his nightmares. He slowly nodded his head and went off. This was very strange since you and Newt were really close. You tried to ignore it but ultimately failed. You head to your room in the Homestead. 

Why was this happening to the kindest person you know in the glade? It hurts you knowing that he is hurt. There he goes off to his room and there you stay laying low. He was wandering far away from you but not moving. 

Eventually you find yourself in your bed trying to sleep. You think this is insane that you're here instead of with Newt. But if he doesn't want to talk to you, you'll try to respect that. 

Click.

Click.

Wirr. 

You hear the maze doors close. Soon after, all the other gladers head off to bed in hushed whispers. Soon after you fall into a deep sleep.

"AH!"

You're awoken suddenly with yet another one of Newts horrifying screams. It pierces your heart knowing he is in pain. You can't take it any longer so you do the most logical thing you can think of. You run into his room. 

When you get there he doesn't notice that you opened the door. He is in the fetal position crying. He looked as if he was in complete and utter distress.

 "Newt." You say shakily. He turns over and you can see the bright red bloodshot eyes. You take in a deep breath and walk over to the bed. 

"Y/N." He replies crying. You take in another deep breath and climb into his bed, wrapping your arms around him. He cuddled into your chest letting out a few more sobs. After some unsettled minutes he collected himself and came to a stop. 

You start to rub his back remembering when you first came into the glade. You were balled up in a corner crying because you were confused and scared that you couldn't remember a thing but your name, Y/N. Newt came over to you, sat you up, wrapped an arm around you, and started to rub your back. After you calmed down he explained to you what he knew of this awful place. He was your savior that day. 

"Y/N, I keep having these dreams every night. Some are memories while others are fiction. Have I told you about my limp?" Newt asked. You couldn't speak, so you shook your head no. 

He goes on explaining how he tried to commit suicide in the maze a few years back. He tried to jump off of one of the maze walls. This made you tear up.

 "The fiction part of my dreams, they are usually about losing you. I see it in a million different ways each night." His voice starts to crack towards the end. 

"Newt, listen and hear this now. I will never leave your side. The creators themselves cannot stop me. I will always find a way to return to your arms. I will always be with you, in this life or the next." You strongly replied to him. He looked deep into your eyes and passionately kissed you. 

"I love you, Y/N." He told you. In that moment you probably had the biggest, the brightest, most beautiful smile ever.

 "I love you too." You stayed there for a few more moments cuddling wrapped in each other's arms until you fell asleep. No more nightmares.