Dreams - Newt

Trigger Warnings: none

You look around in the helicopter with the other Gladers. You have just been rescued and are heading off to God knows where. No one is making a sound. That is probably because you just witnessed so many gladers die trying to get out. Gladers like Alby and Chuck.

"Newt, do you think this is it? Are we really rescued?" You ask him. He looks over your way. 

"I sure hope so Y/N." He replies. 

You couldn't help but remember all the countless hours you spent together talking about your life if you ever left the maze. You would talk about going on rollercoasters at the fair, till you got too sick to continue. Just making up for the years lost to the maze. 

Newt leans over and kisses you lightly. "I can't wait to go on those rollercoasters with you love." 

You smile brightly. Soon you would be able to fulfill your dreams now that you are out. You guys said that you would get married together and have your own kids. You would live in a ranch style house with big backyard. He would always tell you that the maze will be a blub in your timeline together. 

This is it. As you sit here in this helicopter you fully realize that your dreams outside the maze with Newt are no longer fiction. They are non-fiction reality instead of the fiction you longed for together. You cannot erase the look on Newt's face, its pure joy. You bet he is thinking about your countless hours under the stars talking about this. 

The helicopter pilot lands the helicopter. Together you and Newt walk out hand in hand. You and the Gladers are sent to a building. They had set up a huge dining room table filled with all the foods teenagers like you would enjoy. 

There was pizza and hotdogs and also hamburgers and chips. You and Newt take a seat together. You hold hands under the table. All the boys are stuffing their faces with all the assortments of food. You were all too hungry to talk. It was actually quite a funny sight to see. 

Newt whispers in your ear,"Y/N, I'm probably the happiest person alive at the moment. We got our freedom and I get to spend the rest of my life with you."

 You start to tear up. You passionately kiss right then and there in front of all the other gladers. Your rescuers come out once everyone has finished with their dinner. They made you and Newt sleep in different bed chambers. 

Little did you know when you woke up, it would be the start of the Scorch Trials.