Clean Break - Newt

Trigger Warnings: broken bone

You couldn't take it anymore, you had to try what has been on the back of your mind for a while now. You had to climb up the wall to look and see if there was something you could see that you can't see from down in the maze itself. You started climbing up the ivy walls. You got about halfway up when you realized that the next vine to pull you up was a little higher then you could reach. 

"Well shuck." You said to yourself, sighing. 

You could go around it, but it would take longer and more effort on your muscles, which were already starting to get tired. You tried to jump somehow to grab it, but you lost your hand and foot grip and started falling. You hit the hard maze ground, landing on your arm. The pain immediatly shot up your arm, and you screamed out in pain. You lost most of your air, and you couldn't get up. You were going to die in this maze, and the thought of it made you cry even harder then you already are. 

"Whoa, Y/N, are you okay? Let me help you, the doors are closing soon." You heard Minho say. You couldn't say anything, just sat there in pain, crying. 

"Shuck, let me carry you back to the glade, and you're explaining what happened." Minho said, picking you up and starting to jog back to the glade. You cradled your arm, which was swollen and bruised badly. You regained your air and could talk again. 

"Thanks Minho." You whispered as he ran through the doors of the maze. 

"No problem Y/N. Are you okay?" Minho asked, setting you down. 

"Yeah, it's my shuck arm. I landed on it." You said as Minho called Jeff and Clint over. 

"At least it wasn't a foot. What happened?" Minho questioned. 

"I fell and landed on my arm." Was all you would tell him. 

"Just promise me you'll be more careful next time, we need you out there." Minho said. 

"Promise." You said as you wiped your eyes. Newt came over along with Clint and Jeff. Minho left to go to the map room. 

"Y/N, please tell me you're okay. What happened?" Newt asked you, concern all over his face. He then looked down at your arm. "Clint, Jeff, her arm. What did you bloody do? How bad does it hurt?" Newt asked, causing you to smile slightly at how concerned he was. 

"It looks broken, you can see the bone right there." Jeff announced, lightly touching where it was swollen the worst. 

"Ow! Don't touch it!" You yelled. 

"Sorry. Come on, we need to wrap it." Clint said, leading you towards the homestead. Newt followed behind, looking at you. 

"Calm down Newt." You said. "I'll be fine." You replied. 

"How bad does it hurt?" Newt asked. 

"Really bad. I've gotten to the point where I can't even feel it, but it's like I can. I ran out of tears though, but it really hurts." You said, sitting down on the bed that Clint pointed to. Newt sat down next to you. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder. 

"I don't know what I would have done if Minho haden't found you." Newt finally said. 

"Wait what do you mean?" You asked him as Jeff started wrapping up your arm.

"I mean that I don't think I could live without you." Newt whispered into your ear. When you said nothing he continued. "I really really like you Y/N, I may even l-love you. You are so beautiful, and friendly, and caring, and an amazing runner, and I needed to tell you this. I don't think I could be just friends anymore with you, I needed to confess this. I couldn't keep it in any longer."

You said nothing still, processing this all. "You like me?" You said after a little bit. 

"A lot Y/N." Newt said. 

"Well I like you too, a lot." You said, looking at Newt's face.

He had a really big smile, and you smiled at that even though you were in pain. Clint and Jeff finished wrapping your arm so they left to help someone who just came in. Newt pulled you onto his lap carefully, wrapping his arms around your waist. His chin rested on your shoulder, his hot breath hitting your neck. 

"So what does this make us?" Newt whispered. 

"I don't know, what does this make us?" You asked him.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Newt asked. 

"I'd love to Newt." You said, standing up and turning around to face him. 

He was a good four or so inches taller than you, so you were only slightly taller then him while he was sitting down. His hands rested on your waist, pulling you closer to him. Newt leaned forward, your foreheads touching. 

"You're so beautiful." He said before connecting his lips to yours. You kissed back, moving even closer to Newt. You pulled away a few seconds later, looking at Newt. 

"And you're so hot." You said. "Can I leave now?" You asked.

"Yeah, c'mon. Be careful with that arm." Newt said, his arm moving around your waist when he stood up. 

"I will." You said, leaving the room. "Let's go get dinner." You said.

"Let's." He said.