The Tour - Alby

Trigger Warnings: none

"Are you ready for the tour greenie?" Alby asked you. You have been here in the Glade for about two weeks now, but you haven't gotten a proper tour. You've just sat alone in a special spot, only talking to Alby. You haven't really seen any of the other Gladers either, and they haven't seen you.

"Yeah, and could you stop calling me that?" You asked, rolling your eyes. 

"I would, but it's more fun calling you greenie, greenie." He said, smirking.

"Ugh, whatever. Let's just go. I think I'm fine now, I've finally gotten used to the fact that I'm the only girl." You replied. 

"Good. It's not bad here, I promise." Alby said, smiling. 

"Promise?" You asked as Alby started showing you around. 

"Promise." He said. "If anyone tries something with you, just let me know, okay?" 

"Okay." You replied, smiling. It was silent after that as Alby started showing you around. There were cute boys everywhere. 

"Who is that? He is so cute!" You gushed, pointing to a boy staring at you off in the distance. 

"His name is Newt, he's my second in command." Alby said. 

"What about him?" You asked, pointing to another Glader. 

"That's the Keeper of Runners, Minho. He's supposed to be out in the maze." Alby said, staring at Minho. "He must've come back early."

"Are there any other cute boys here? This place seems filled with them!" You said, looking at Alby, who didn't reply. He showed you around more, and you came up to the builders. 

"Damn that one is hot." You whispered to Alby. 

"Gally. He's the biggest ass here." Alby said, which was loud enough to grab the staring boy's attention. "Get back to work." Alby said, turning away and starting to walk fast. 

"Alby wait up!" You called out, running to catch up with him. "What's wrong?" You asked. 

"What do you mean what's wrong?" He asked. 

"You just walked off. Tell me what's up." You said. 

"It's just that you've been complimenting all of the Gladers here all day, and they have been staring at you and it just annoys me." Alby said frustrated. 

"Awe, are you jealous?" You asked him, smiling a little bit. 

"I'm not jealous!" Alby defended. 

"Then why would you care if the other Gladers were staring at me and I was complimenting them?" You asked. 

"Because you would date one of them!" Alby said. "You wouldn't even think about me like that."

"Awe Alby." You said, smiling wide. "You would be the one I dated out of all of them. You're the one who's been there for me since the start. I really like you." You admitted. 

"Wait, really?" He asked, shocked. 

"Really. I actually thought it was the other way around, so I was trying to act like I had no interest in you." You replied. Alby said nothing, he just intertwined your fingers together, smiling wide. 

"Well I guess we were both wrong then." He finally said. 

"Yeah." You said. "But at least now we know the truth."

"Good that. So what do you wanna do?" Alby asked. 

"Race you to where Newt is standing? Loser has to act like their confessing their love for him?" You asked. 

"You're on, but once you lose you better tell him after that it was a deal." Alby said. 

"Once you lose, I will try not to laugh so hard when you confess your love for him." You said, starting to take of running, Alby right behind you. Watching Alby confess his love to Newt was the funniest thing you have ever seen, and you were starting to enjoy the Glade.