Jealousy - Newt

Trigger Warnings: jealousy

You laugh at Minho's disgusted expression as he steps in some pig droppings walking past the animal pens. "You idiot!"

"Hey! You could've warned me!" He said indignantly. You smirked at him.

"And miss that face? Not a chance, dude." You said.

You fell silent, mentally thanking the Creators you had such good friends here. Looking up at him, you notice he was staring right back at you. Just as he opened his mouth to speak, Newt clears his throat, suddenly appearing beside you.

"What do you think you're doing with my girlfriend?"

Minho laughed. "Are you jealous, shuck-face?"

Newt just glared. "You stay away from her, you hear?" He said, pushing you away before Minho could answer. Stumbling along, you turn your head to glare at Newt, who is avidly avoiding your gaze.

"Newt! You can't speak to him like that! That's so rude!"

"He was gonna kiss you and you know it." Newt replied.

Stopping short, you stare him down, mouth open in anger. "Why are you being so rude to me, and to Minho? What did I do? What did he do?" You two were now standing in the middle of the fields.

He just shook his head and stormed off, back to where Minho was still standing. You huffed and sat down criss-cross in the fields. You knew better than to try and stop him when he got protective, he was doing it every other week by now.

You ripped up handfuls of grass and watched him stomp right up into Minho's face, limp and all. You couldn't help but smile at cute little Newt, just trying to save your honour. After a few minutes of stern talking, Newt eventually came back and quietly sat down beside you and begin to pick at the grass too.

For a while you were silent, letting him calm down. You wiped your green hands on your jeans and looked up at him, squinting against the sun framing his gold hair.

"That was uncalled for." You said.

"I know." He responded.This was almost scripted now. You said the same thing each time.

"What'd you say?" You asked him.

"Long story short, stay away from my girl." Newt replied.

You knew he would say that. "Well then give me the long story."

He sighed. "Stop flirting with Y/N, if I see you hitting on her, or if you hurt her you're deader than the guy who jumped down the Box hole. Banishing will be the least of your worries.''

A wry smile worked its way on your face. "Wow Newt, that was beautiful, did you write it yourself?"

He let out a short laugh. "Only the best for my girl," he said softly and reached up.

A ring of daisies was in his hand; he had been weaving it while you talked. He smiled tenderly as he put it up on your head.

"Do you forgive me?" He asked, looking down at you.

You pretended to consider. "Hmmm, I guess so."