Nightmare - Thomas

Trigger Warnings: implied death

"Yeah Minho, I'll be fine in the maze alone." You assured the Keeper of Runners.

"Okay Y/N." Minho sighed, walking out into the maze.

You followed behind, heading off to the section you would run alone today. You were doing just fine at first, except you were terribly bored because you had no one to talk to. You ran for about another hour before stopping suddenly. You heard a low groan come from somewhere off in the distance, and you recognized it as a Griever. Those buggin' things scared you really bad, but you were usually with Minho and you didn't think you would come in contact with one alone. 

You decided to keep running, as the sound was far away, trying to push that fear away. You kept running, and as you reached the end of the maze where you would turn around and go back, you heard it. The awful low groaning of the Griever was close, too close. You started sprinting, not wanting to meet the Griever. You turned the corner, and saw the Griever coming towards you slowly. You didn't know what to do, you knew that this could be it. 

The Griever was getting closer, only about two meters away from you now, and you knew there was no other place to go. Right behind you was a dead end, the front being taken up by the huge disgusting Griever. Your mind raced, not knowing what to do. You decided to run back a little, then race forward and pass the Griever.

Right as you were trying to make your way past the Griever, you tripped, falling to the ground. You started crying, trying to get up and get away from the horrendous thing, but you couldn't, the Griever already on top of you. You screamed as the Griever pulled at you, dragging you along with it. 

You opened your eyes, looking around. You saw a face right next to you and you screamed, before hearing a voice say, "It's just me." You recognized the voice as Thomas's, and you calmed down a little bit. 

"Why are you awake?" You asked him. 

"I heard you screaming and I came to check up on you to make sure you were okay. Must've been a bad dream." Thomas said. 

"Yeah." You said quietly. 

"Well I'm gonna go now." Thomas said, starting to get up. You grabbed his wrist.

"Please don't go." You said, biting your lip. 

"Okay." He said after a little bit. "I won't." Thomas layed down next to you, staying quiet for a little bit. "Wanna share what the dream was about?" He asked.

"I was out in the maze and Minho let me run alone." You started. "I ran into a Griever, and it started eating me." You said, shaking from the thought. 

"Come here." Thomas said, opening his arms. You moved closer to him, placing your head in his chest. The dream just seemed so real... too real. 

"Nothing's going to hurt you, I'll make sure of it." Thomas said, kissing your forehead.

"Thanks Thomas. The dream just seemed too real." You said, remembering the dream and freaking out a little again.

"Calm down Y/N, it's okay, I'm here." Thomas whispered into your ear, bringing you closer to him. 

"You're the best friend ever." You whispered, cuddling him like a teddy bear. 

"I do try." He joked, placing one arm around your lower back and the other around your upper back. Your head rested on his shoulder, and he kissed your forehead again. "Go to sleep baby, you need to have full energy for tomorrow. I'm gonna make sure you're running the maze with me." Thomas whispered into your ear. 

"Okay." You said, a smile making its way onto your face. You closed your eyes and started drifting off to sleep, and right when you were almost out of conciousness, you head something. 

"I love you." The voice that was Thomas's said, and then you fell asleep completely.