Secret - Newt

Trigger Warnings: none

You rolled your eyes in annoyance at the leader of this place, Alby. You had just come up in the box a few months ago, and Alby had noticed that the boys were doing an awful amount of flirting with you since you were the only girl here. Alby had decided to call a gathering tonight about it, and what he was saying was a load of klunk. 

"Don't I get a say in this?" You asked, aggravated. 

"No, now listen. No glader is allowed to flirt or try anything with you or they get locked up for a day with no food or water. If it's a second time after that, then banishment will be put into place. Dismissed." Alby said, causing you to glare at him long and hard before walking out of the room. 

"Y/N, wait up!" You heard Alby's second in command, Newt, say. You groaned but turned around, crossing your arms over your chest. 

"What do you want?" You asked him, annoyed. 

"I want- no I need to talk to you, I think I waited too long." Newt said, before slapping his hand over his mouth.

"Fine, but make it quick and get me away from Alby before I do something I seriously regret." You said through gritted teeth. 

"Well look who's happy." Newt said, taking your hand and bringing you with him to your favorite spot, the Deadheads. 

"What did you need to talk about?" You asked Newt. 

"I-I like you, a lot." Newt stuttered, instantly turning bright red and looking down. 

"Like as a friend or more then friends?" You asked again, wondering what Newt meant. 

"M-more." Newt said quietly, starting to turn around. "This was stupid, especially with Alby's new rule. I'm sorry I just completely ruined our friendship."

"Newt, wait!" You called out. He just kept walking. 

"Newt get back here! I want to talk to you!" You called out. He turned around slowly, coming face to face with you. 

"I do like you like that too Newt." You whispered, afraid someone may have heard you. 

"What are we gonna do about Alby?" He asked quietly. 

"He doesn't have to know." You whispered, your lips moving closer to his, your foreheads touching. 

"Good that." Newt whispered, his lips on yours right after that.

Your lips moved in sync, Newt's hands making their way around your waist. Your arms were wrapped around his neck, trying to bring him even closer. You finally pulled away from Newt, your forehead back on his.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that." Newt whispered. 

*****

"Newt!" You said, wrapping your arms around him. 

"Y/N!" He said back, kissing you quickly. 

"So what's up?" You asked Newt. 

He told you to meet him in the Deadheads at your secret spot, the spot where you could actually place your lips on his and just get to have fun and mess around with Newt. You loved it, but you wish that you didn't have to hide your relationship with him. You were still mad at Alby for that rule he placed over three months ago on you. No one suspected a thing between you and Newt, except for Minho. Yeah, funny story about that. You may or may not have threatened to cut off his man parts if he didn't keep quiet. Well it worked.

"Just wanted to relax with you, we don't get to do this that much anymore with you in that maze now." Newt said, sitting down, then pulling you onto his lap.

"I know, I miss this." You said, cuddling into his chest and just sitting here. 

"I don't know if we can do this much longer Y/N, I think Alby is starting to get suspicious, may follow me out here one day." Newt whispered into your ear. 

"It's okay Newt, remember that we don't care what Alby says. He can't control us, and he can't control what we do unless he wants to lose his second in command and another runner." You replied, looking at him.

"Okay, but I'm just saying, Alby seems to be getting suspicious. I won't let you get punished for this though." Newt said, kissing your lips. 

You wrapped your arms around his neck, now straddling him as his hands moved to your waist. It was a sweet kiss that lasted a little bit. You were interrupted by a cough. Your head snapped to see who coughed, and you saw Alby. Newt followed your gaze and froze, like you. 

"What is happening here? I had strict rules that were meant to be enforced, not broken by my second in command!" Alby said, crossing his arms. 

"What's happening here is I'm kissing my girlfriend. To be honest Alby, I think those rules were a little strict. You should of had them to where Y/N had a say in this too. What if she wants to flirt or kiss her boyfriend, it should be fine as long as both Y/N and the guy are fine with it. If she feels uncomfortable enough to report it then you should put that rule into effect." Newt spoke up. 

"You know what, I'm not even gonna argue. Whatever Newt, kiss your shucking girlfriend, but you're the only one, any other guy the rule is enforced." Alby said, sighing and walking off. 

"Thanks." You whispered to Newt. 

"No problem Y/N. C'mon, no need to hide it anymore." Newt said, helping you up before getting up himself. 

Newt intertwined your fingers with his, smiling slightly. You walked out of the Deadheads together, Newt kissing your cheek quickly in front of all of the Gladers. Of course he would do that. You smiled, leaning even closer to him. He wrapped his arm around your waist, smiling again. This was perfect.