Love - Newt

Trigger Warnings: none

You started walking over to where your best friend, Newt, was over by the track hoes, helping Zart out. You basically never did your job-which was a medjack- but it's not like Clint and Jeff cared. Alby doesn't really mind either, considering you still do your part, just not at your actual assigned job. Newt saw you walking over and he smiled warmly at you. You got over to him and he gave you a hug, looking at you.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Just wanted to work with you. The usual." You stated, smirking slightly.

"So let's ditch this and do something else?" Newt asked.

"Basically." You replied, starting to turn around. Newt was right by you, like usual.

"Awe look it's the glade's sweethearts!" You heard a glader call out, causing your head to immediatly go down to hide the slight blush on your face.

Gladers always shout this stuff out to you guys. It's actually gotten annoying to be honest. Everyone is convinced that you like Newt-which you do, but you would never tell him that- and that Newt likes you- which there is no way he does- and you are constantly hearing things like that. You thought you saw Newt's face turn a slight shade of red but you convinced yourself it was your imagination.

"So, Ms. Y/N, where are we off to?" Newt asked.

"First off, never call me that again." You said, laughing slightly along with Newt. "And let's just walk today."

"Sounds good." Newt agreed.

"Newt and Y/N! How are you not together yet? Everyone thinks you two would be the best couple ever!" You heard another glader shout out.

"Shut it slinthead!" Newt shouted back angrily. Your head turned down, upset. Newt was giving you mixed emotions. One day it seemed like he really liked you but the next day it was like you were just friends. It was starting to get to you.

"Sorry bout' that." Newt said, his arm wrapping around your shoulder. "Maybe one day those shuck faces will stop."

"Yeah." You mumbled, looking down.

"You know you're really pretty, love." Newt said out of nowhere as you walked into the quietness of the deadheads.

"Thanks Newt, and don't call me love." You answered, smiling slightly.

"Why not, love?" Newt asked, a smirk evident on his face. You looked down at the ground as Newt leaned against a tree, arms folded, smirk still sitting on his face.

"What is it, love?" Newt questioned, causing your head to snap up. It was everything about him that made you go crazy, absolutely crazy. You noticed how his lip was slightly pouted, and you bit your lip. You really wanted to kiss him right now, to feel the warmth of his body against yours, feel your lips molding together as you slowly and passionately kissed him.

"Nothing." You told him, turning around to walk back out of the deadheads. A second longer and you would have kissed him.

"Y/N, wait!" Newt called out. "I'm sorry, if you don't like being called love I won't call you it anymore."

"I don't like it," You started, ''Because it drives me crazy every time you call me it. I hate how I like you so much, and I shucking hate that I haven't gotten over you."

"Wait, you like me?" Newt asked, eyes wide.

"Yes Newt, I like you. Why do you think my head is always down when I'm around you and why do you think that I never say anything to the shuck faces yelling at us?" You explained. "You're always doing something cute and I have to hold myself back from doing something that I really want to do."

"What am I doing that's cute, love?" Newt asked, his shoulder finding its way back onto a tree and his arms crossing again. He had that same little smirk on his face. He pulled you closer to him, looking into your eyes.

"You're doing that." You whispered, placing your lips on his. Newt was shocked but he slowly took control, spinning you around so your back was against the tree. His lips caressed yours as your arms found his neck, his arms finding your waist. You couldn't believe you were kissing Newt. Your best friend, and your crush.

"Shuck." You whispered when you pulled away.

"Well I guess we have a Glade to inform." Newt said, taking your hand. Your fingers intertwined with his as you walked towards the Glade. The second you two emerged from the woods it was a screaming fest.

"Get together, will ya shuck faces!" A glader shouted.

"Come on we all know you like eachother!" Another glader yelled.

"Come here." Newt whispered, placing his lips on yours again. You felt like this was a dream, like it couldn't be happening. It was breathtaking to have Newt's soft, warm lips on yours. You pulled away from the kiss, smiling up at Newt.

"It's about time!" Gladers hollered, causing you to smile and snuggle up to Newt's side.

"I could get used to this." Newt said, smiling.

"Me too." You replied, squeezing his hand gently.