CHAPTER 53

Kyle Vin's POV

From: Sassy
Message: Hindi ko nakalimutan, pupunta ako. Tignan mo tatumbling ako papunta sa bahay mo🤸🏼‍♀️    🤸🏼‍♀️      🤸🏼‍♀️      🤸🏼‍♀️      🤸🏼‍♀️  🧍🏼‍♀️🏡
Sent 
1:36 PM

I didn't realize that I was smiling while reading her message. Minsan naiisip ko, she's saying or doing nonsense but that doesn't change anything that I feel towards her. I bet I'm insane, every silly thing she do doesn't make me turned off. It's just that, I like everything about her.. even the most nastiest thing that she'll do that you could imagine.

I immediately typed a reply.

To: Sassy
Message: Good idea but susunduin kita, I'll see you later
Sent
1:37 PM

"And she called me snake! — Kyle are you even listening?"

Nag angat ako ng tingin at nakita si Jessica sa tapat ko. She's sitting in front of the curve kitchen island. Nakatayo naman ako sa kabilang bahagi habang nakapatong ang siko sa countertop at hawak ang cellphone ko.

"Oh.. sorry you're saying something?," umayos ako ng tayo at inilapag ang phone ko sa counter. I keep on glancing at it tho, waiting for a message to pop up.

Jessica's brows furrowed. She look.. a bit mad? "Look, I'm sorry. Hindi ko narinig ang sinabi mo. What was that?," I asked her.

"Sino bang katext mo at kung makangiti ka sa cellphone mo parang wala ng bukas?," she was about to grab my phone. Mabilis ko 'yong nakuha mula sa counter.

"Not this one," I grin.

"Fine! Alam mo, nakakapagtaka e," tumayo siya. "Usually, every Friday pumupunta ako dito at naaabutan kitang busy sa tapat ng computer mo. Kahit nandito ka sa bahay mo trabaho ang nasa isip mo, if I know, kahit nga 1 minute pause hindi mo magawa. But today, it seems like you're having the first ever vacation in your entire life. It's so suspicious," she crossed he arms.

Hindi ako agad na nakasagot. I felt my phone vibrated. Agad akong napatingin doon. I stifle a smile.

From: Sassy
Message: ♥️♥️♥️
Sent 
1:40 PM

Damn she sent me a heart.

I think I'll just leave it that way. Pag angat ko ng tingin ay wala na si Jessica sa harap ko. I looked for her but when I turned my head on the right, there she was looking at me, she's standing beside me with a long face.

"I thought you left," I said casually.

She scoffed. "Is that Sassy?"

".. Yep," tipid kong tugon. I walked past her. I glanced at my watch. I can't wait to see Sassy tonight.

"So kayo na ulit?!," her voice echoed. Agad akong napalingon, my brows furrowed.

"Why are you yelling?," i asked in a low voice.

She looks upset. Naglakad siya palapit sa'kin. She grab my hand and placed it on her chest. "Can you feel it? My heart is f*cking beating because of you! You are the reason why this sh*t keeps on beating! Kyle! Nakikinig ka ba?"

"C'mon Jess.. it's not beating because of me, it's beating because it's obviously pumping blood — heartbeat is the contraction of your heart, it means you're alive"

She looks me in the eye desperately. Her grip on my hand tightened. "Yes, Kyle.. and my heart will stop beating the moment you won't choose me. And you know what that means? No heart beat?," she tiptoed and whispered in my ear. "No life," she grins.

Natulala ako sandali dahil sa narinig. I eventually went back to my senses. I took a step back and looked at her.

"I don't know why you're being like this," I said.

"I thought it's just me .. hindi ko rin alam ang nangyayari sayo. Nang dumating lang ang foreignsyanang 'yon nagbago ka na bigla," she wiped the tear that fell on her cheek.

"I have already cleared everything to you, Jess. Kaya nga inuubos ko ang oras sa pagtatrabaho diba? Para mabayaran lahat ng utang ko sa pamilya mo. Because we both know that arrange marriage won't work for the both of us," i stated. She nodded and smiled bitterly. Tears came streaming down her face.

"I didn't know that I'll fell for you.. I don't know what to do, sa tingin mo ba ginusto ko 'to? I never dreamed to become a woman who begs for love! Ayokong maghabol sa taong pilit lumalayo sa'kin. Ayokong ipilit ang sarili ko sa lugar na wala naman akong espasyo. Ayokong magmukhang tanga! Desperada, maging kerida..," she smirk. "I don't know what you did to me. But I'm well aware that I'm stupidly inlove with you. Tell me I'm desperate! Sabihin mo!," hinampas niya ako sa dibdib. She started to cry and fell on her knees.

"I can be your mistress, if that's the only way that I can have you"

I look at her kneeling and crying in front of me. Hindi ko maiwasang makaramdam ng awa sa kaniya. No woman deserves to feel that way but I don't know how can I make her feel better knowing that I'm the reason why she's downcast.

"Get up, Jess," tinulungan ko siyang tumayo. She's still crying, I let her sit in front of the counter. Kumuha ako ng tubig at binigay sa kaniya.

Hinayaan ko muna siyang kumalma. She drink the water and wipe her tears. Nakasandal ako sa pader katabi ng nakabukas na pinto habang nakatingin sa kaniya.

"Thank you," she utter.

"Just rest there for awhile, ihahatid na kita sa bahay mo kapag kumalma ka na," I tell her.

She smiled. "Ano bang meron? You cleaned your house too, may nakaset up ding flowers and candles do'n sa gazebo — don't deny it, sumilip ako do'n kanina"

I sigh. "Sassy and I will have a dinner tonight"

Lumingon siya at pinunasan ang mga luha. Nang humarap siya sa'kin ay nakangiti na siya. "I think I need to go na, nakalimutan ko may photoshoot pa pala ako today," she chuckle.

"Ihahatid na kita"

"No — no.. please h'wag ka ng masyadong mabait sa'kin. I will do my best to get rid of this feeling, sana tulungan mo din ako"

"How?"

She shrugged. "I don't know, maybe I'll be out of town for like a month. Or maybe, I'll go back to Spain na lang. I need to stay away from you Mr. Right," she laughs. "Kakalimutan ko lang ang nararamdaman ko para sayo dahil ang sakit na. Don't call me no matter what, isang hello mo palang baka bumalik na agad ako dito kahit wala pa akong isang araw do'n sa España"

"Do find your happiness. I want to see you happy," I smiled.

"You wanna see me happy? Then why don't you marry me?"

"Jess"

"Just kidding!," she laughs.

Masaya ako at ngayon nagagawa na niyang tumawa. Nagulat ako nang yakapin niya ako bigla.

"I'll miss you. I'll definitely text you but just don't reply back. I need to learn it the hard way.

Adios"