CHAPTER 39

Sassy's POV

"He cheated?"

I tried not to sound mad but my bitterness and my words came rushing in unison. Mama immediately looked away. Nakita kong nagpunas siya ng luha. I can't help but to feel bad although I haven't heard the entire story yet. I don't know if I'm ready for it. But this is what I am waiting for. Masasagot na ang mga katanungan ko, kung bakit wala sila sa tabi ko habang lumalaki ako.

"Ma.."

Her phone rings. Mabilis niyang sinagot ang tawag. Tumayo siya at naglakad papunta sa balcony. I watched her talk to whomever is on the phone. I waited patiently 'till she finish the call.

I can't help but to start creating conclusions in my head. My father cheated on my mother. Paano naman nangyaring napunta ako kina mama Lina?

Muli akong sumulyap sa balcony. She's still on the phone. I can't wait to hear the truth, ayoko ng mag isip ng posibleng dahilan kung bakit. Gusto ko ng marinig ang sasabihin ni mama, ang katotohanan.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. One of the maids entered.

"Ms. Meyers' on the telephone, madam.," anang maid.

Dali daling lumapit si mama. "Let's just talk later, dear. Would that be okay?," she tapped my shoulder. Wala na akong nagawa kun'di ang pilit na tumango.

She took the telephone even though she's not still done talking with someone on her phone. I understand that she's busy, I went out of her office. Papunta na sana ako sa kwarto ko nang maalala ko si kuya. May alam kaya siya tungkol sa nangyari noon? Kung bakit ako nalayo sa kanila.

I went upstairs, specifically, on the third floor. I knocked the door of his room. Agad niya din namang binuksan. I greeted him with a smile.

"What's with that smile? I bet you already told mom about—"

"I did!," I cut his statement.

"Then what'd you get?," he crossed his arms.

Natahimik ako. Can I tell him that all I got was the truth about his past? Will he get mad?

"I hope I got something but.. meh"

He laughed at me, I chuckle. "I told you"

"Anyway, Chloe said that you're invited to her party tonight.," I told him.

"Chloe?"

"Yeah, the cheerleader? I think she likes you," I teased. He just grin. "Everyone likes me"

"Err in your dreams" We both laugh.

See? Kuya is not that bad at all. It's just that trauma really ruined that ideal boyfriend, mom is talking about earlier. I wonder who that girl is.

"By the way, can I ask you something?"

"You're already asking," pilosopong saad niya.

"I'm just wondering.. if you have any idea about — " bigla akong nagdalawang isip kung itatanong ko ba o hindi.

"What?"

"About Papa.. when he cheated on mama.. I want to know how I turned out to be in the Philippines and y'all here living together," pilit akong tumawa. I tried to sound like I'm joking to avoid the tension. But Kuya Grey seems to choose being serious at this moment. Napatigil ako at biglang kinabahan sa itutugon niya.

"I think.. it's better if you won't know about it"

KYLE VIN'S POV

All I know is the lights are blinding. We're laughing.. I'm smiling 'coz finally she's here with me again. I can't take my eyes off her on the passenger seat. Her blue eyes and her honey blonde hair.. I missed her so much.

"Careful, Kyle baka mabangga tayo," she held my arms. We can't stop laughing, the music is so loud yet all I could hear is her angelic voice and laughs.

"I'll drive you home safely," I held her hand and kiss it. She jokingly hit my arms while laughing.

"Lasing ka na, Kyle c'mon ako na ang magmamaneho. Stop the car"

I just laugh and shook my head. "No, hindi ako lasing"

"Yes, you are"

I can't stop staring at her. Hindi ako makapaniwala na nandito na siya ulit.   I almost forgot that I'm driving. I just want to look at her the whole time.

"Oh my God! Kyle, careful!!," she lean towards me to help me with the steering wheel. She's so close, I can't remember when is the last time that I had held her between my arms.

I touched her face. She stopped the car. It was like we're froze in the moment. Our face is few inches away from each other. I caress her face and closed my eyes.

"Sassy"

I was about to kiss her when she suddenly move away. I opened my eyes and saw here on the passenger seat looking far away.

"Sassy" I called her name one more time.

"Fuck that name, I'm Jessica"

I don't exactly heard what she said. But I heard she utter the name Jessica.  
"Forget about Jessica, I told you I don't love her. All this time, it's you, Sassy.. it's just you.. it will always be you," I tell her. She didn't respond. I looked at her and held her hand.

"I love you, Sassy. You don't know how much I miss you. I love you.. walang araw na hindi kita naiisip.. I love you.. and it scared me a lot when you left.. I thought I'll never see you again" my eyes started to become watery. "They said you won't come back.. I told them you will and I'll wait for you"

I don't want to look weak and cry in front of her but I can't stop the tears from falling. I don't want to let go of her hand, I can't afford losing her again. I can't.

I realized that she's crying. "What's the problem? Is there something wrong?"

She shook her head and smile. I held her face and wipe her tears with my thumb.

"I have something to tell you, Sas.. Tita Perly recovered from coma and the wedding? They set another date and year.. probably after we graduate college.. but I've got a plan.."

"K-Kyle stop, y-you need to rest already. Ihahatid na kita sa apartment mo—," she pushed me away but I'm strong enough not to budge.

"Wait.. I still have something to say. It's about Jessica.."

"W-What about her?"

"She confessed to me.. she likes me," I laugh. "But don't worry I told her that someday she'll find someone that will love her.. and that's not me," I held her hand again.

"Because I'm only for you.. I'm all yours, Sassy"

I look into her eyes. Although my vision is still kinda blurry I still could see that she's crying. "I don't want to see you crying.. hush .. tell me the problem"

I pulled her towards me and hug her tight. I closed my eyes as my eyelids starts to become heavy.

"I love you.. Sassy"

"I love you too, Kyle"

She held my face and kissed me torridly.