Night In The Maze - Minho

Trigger Warnings: none

You and Minho were currently out running your section of the maze today. You wanted to become a runner but because you and Minho were dating, he objected right away. Finally you got him to agree with you, but you had to run with him. That was almost a year ago. Today was like any other, you just barely ahead of him and both of you not really talking to each other until you had a lunch break or when you were almost back at the Glade. You could hear Minho's pace pick up and you squealed when you felt a pair of arms around your waist picking you up slightly.

"Minho stop! We need to finish mapping!" You said, smiling a little.

"Well how about we take a lunch break?" Minho said, spinning you around so you were facing him. 

"Fine." You agreed, gently kissing him on the lips. He smiled slightly, pulling you down on the ground with him. You both pulled out your lunches that Frypan made and started eating. You finished before Minho, who was taking his time. You leaned into his side as he wrapped an arm around you. 

"Wat's up?" He asked. 

"Nothing, I just miss being able to do this." You replied. 

"I miss it too." Minho whispered. "But later tonight vhen we are done mapping out the maze and eating dinner, we can go into the Homestead and cuddle."

"I'd like that." You said. 

''Good, but let's go now, we need to head back." Minho said, getting up and helping you back up.

"Alright.'' You said, starting to run back with him. You suddenly felt something roll underneath you and your whole body fell to the ground. You groaned as you hit the ground, Minho immediately stopping. 

"Y/N, are you okay?" He asked, bending down to help you up. 

"Yeah, I just rolled my ankle." You replied, taking Minho's hand, standing up again. You tried to start running again but pain shot through your ankle, making it nearly impossible. 

"Shit." You cursed as you nearly fell, but Minho caught you. 

"I'm carrying you." Minho decided. 

"No, I can run." You protested. "We won't make it back if you carry me." 

"We have a better chance of making it back if you let me carry you." Minho retorted.

"Okay." You sighed, knowing he was right. 

"Get on my back." He said, kneeling down slightly so you could jump on.

You wrapped your arms around his neck as his hands held your thighs, but he ended up looping his arms through so he could run faster without worrying about dropping you. It was really close, the doors would be closing any minute. You were almost there, so close to making it. You could see all of the Gladers cheering you guys on, but it wasn't enough. The doors closed and you were stuck out in the maze for the night. Minho let you down and you hugged him, a few tears coming out of your eyes. 

"I'm sorry." You whispered. "Now we're going to die because of me." Minho's arms wrapped around you, kissing your cheek. 

"No we aren't." He replied. "And it's not your fault, okay? Don't say it is."

"Well I think I can at least walk now." You mumbled, walking slowly with Minho. It sort of hurt now but at least it was going away. 

"Okay so we need to make some type of plan." Minho said. "No one has ever survived a night out here."

"Is there any place you've ever noticed that we could hide?" You asked. 

"Not in our section." Minho answered. "If there is a spot in the other sections then I don't know about it."

"How about we-" You started, but you were cut off by the low groan of a Griever. 

"Shit. Come on, all we can do is run. Are you sure you're okay?" Minho asked. 

"Yeah! Let's go." You replied, starting into a run with Minho. He grabbed your hand as some extra support to keep running and if he needed to steady you. 

"Wait the vine patches!" You exclaimed. 

"Will both of us be able to fit?" Minho asked. 

"I think so." You replied as you both started running the way to the huge vine patch you always noticed.

It completely covered part of the ground too, and at this point it could be your only chance of surviving. You got there without any Grievers finding you, and Minho got down and rolled into the mess first. You got down and did the same thing he did, trying to get as close to him as you could. His arms snaked around your waist, pulling you back onto him. You both lay facing the same way, so you could see all the activity from outside the vines. Your back was against his stomach, no gaps between you. You could feel him breathing quietly on your neck as you waited.

You heard the sound first, the low whirring moan of the Griever. Minho pulled you closer then you thought was possible, him holding onto you tight. You stopped yourself from panicking and relaxed into Minho's arms, hoping the Griever would go by. The first Griever went by, along with the next two. You ended up falling asleep in Minho's arms. You were roughly shaken awake and you froze when you realized why. 

"Minho?" You asked quietly. 

"Yeah?" He said. 

"What do we do?" You frowned, nervous. 

"Run!" Minho said, grabbing your hand and breaking out into a sprint, catching the Griever's attention. Well its attention was already on you guys, but now it was starting to chase after you. This was the first one that noticed you all night,  and you were beyond terrified. Minho quickly glanced at his watch. 

"The maze doors are going to be opening soon, we can do this." He said. "I got it!" He then said. 

"What's running through your head?" You asked him. 

"That hole we found, the one that seems to lead off into nowhere." Minho said. 

"We could lead it there, approch the Griever, and then on three go oppisite ways and maybe it will fall in there." You finished his thoughts. Minho nodded and you turned the way to get to the hole, the Griever still following you, and getting really close might you add. You were both stopped dangerously close to the edge and turned to face the Griever. It started moving closer to you, as if to say 'I won.'

"One." Minho whispered, his grip letting go of your hand. 

"Two." You separated a little more. 

"Three!" Minho yelled, and both of you threw yourselves to oppisite ends of the maze wall right as the Griever was about to attack. It ended up falling off of the cliff, down to what you both thought would be its death. 

"Let's go back, hopefully the maze doors will be open." Minho said quickly, grabbing your hand again and starting to run. You ran beside him, hoping he was right. The doors were open when you got back, and the second someone saw the both of you almost everyone was swarmed around you. 

"Get back to work!" Alby and Newt shouted, and instantly everyone was gone. 

"Minho." You whispered. 

"What Y/N?" He asked softly. 

"My ankle hurts again, like really bad." You replied. He picked you up without question, your arms wrapping around his neck. 

"What bloody happened yesterday?" Newt asked. 

"I rolled my ankle running and I couldn't walk, so Minho tried to carry me but we didn't make it back." You replied, biting your lip. 

"At least you are both alive. Go rest up today." Alby said. You both nodded and Minho carried you to the Homestead. You both went inside and into Minho's room, where he gently laid you down on his bed. He pulled you into his arms and both of you ended up falling asleep.