49. Gold

Lloyd's PoV

Just when I smashed that energy ball into his chest everything turned black. I look around confused, but the only thing I can see is the bit of light coming off my green suit. I still look around for quite some time until I hear some noises. I start to follow them and get faster and faster until I start to run. When I arrive there I see...my father!! But he's covered in this purple goo of the Akuma.

"DAD!!!" I run towards him and just look at him with tears in my eyes. I start to rip off the goo from his head. Once it's free from it he gasps for air and coughs. After some seconds he lifts his head and looks at me with a sad smile. It's him, not the dark Version. He's human. Like I saw him in the past.

"Lloyd...my son. You don't know how proud I am of you. You're...such a fine, young man. I'm glad...you can still call the monster I am your father...I really appreciate everything you're doing for me. But I was too long under the control of this Akuma. It's a part of me. When the Akuma falls...it will drag me with it. My time is over."

I look at him with tears in my eyes and just shake my head while wiping my tears away. "N-NO!! I'M NOT GIVING UP!! I CAN SAVE YOU!!!" I continue to rip off this goo of him but it's just getting more and more. It starts to stick to me, blocking off the little light my suits gives us.

"Lloyd, you have to stop!!! If it traps you, there's no way of turning back!!!"

I just keep ripping off the goo but it only starts to stick to my arms, spreading over my body. I just shake my head, with tears rolling down my cheeks and continue. While my dad just screams at me and tells me to stop I keep going. I can't give up. We came so far. And they did everything to help.

"I'M GOING TO SAVE YOU!!! I PROMISED!!!" He looks at me shooked. My whole body is already covered by the goo, only my head is free. My whole body shivers and trembles, it's so cold and dark. The goo starts to spread out up to my head too. I just shake my head and more tears are forming in my eyes.

//That's all? Is this my end...I failed. I'm...//

More and more of my head gets covered by this goo and it feels like all my power left.

"I'm useless...a failure...destiny...destiny choose the wrong hero...I can't even protect the persons I love..."

Just when the goo is about to cover the rest of my face and lets the light disappear completely I hear a voice.

"Lloyd...we've come so far." I open my eyes and see Tigg flying in front of my eyes. I look at her surprised and she just smiles at me. "You still got a far way to go. Everybody is waiting for you. "

I just look at her, my teeth clenched together and look at her crying. "D-Don't you see it Tigg...? I'm not a hero...I can't save anybody. I'm not the hero the prophecy searched for, not the hero the past Ladybug and Chat Noir wanted to end up in. I'M NOT WORTH IT TO BE CALLED A HERO!!"

The goo starts to spread out more and more, but Tigg just sits down on my nose tip and looks at me with an encouraging smile. "Lloyd, if someone is worth it to be called a hero, it's you. I never met a person so carrying and kind like you. You always protected the ones in need, even without your powers. Nobody 'choose' you to be the green Ninja. You were always the green Ninja, deep in your heart, it was always there. The potential and power to save the world. If you give up now...who will protect the people in need, the people who got nobody. You're so strong Lloyd. You just have to remember...who you are."

I look at her surprised and teary. Who am I? I already heard those words before. Right, Bunnyx. The goo starts to cover my face and eyes, I can barely see Tigg and my father anymore.

Who am I?

...

...

...

...

...

"I am..." green light starts to shine through the goo covering my whole body. My dad and Tigg light up and smile bright when the goo gets knocked off completely from me. My body is free again and I stand up, clenching my hand into a fist and smiling wide.

"I am Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, the green Ninja!! And Ninja never quit!!!"

Tigg looks at me with a smile and hugs me. "Yes, Lloyd. You found it out. Now..." She looks at me with a kinda sad smile and...her body turns to gold? What, why is she golden? "It's my turn to follow my destiny. I'll give you my powers, one last time." I look at her shooked when she starts to fly towards my chest. I just watch her and want to stop her but she was too fast. "I'm sorry Lloyd.I'm doing this because I want so. It's not your fault" 

"W-Wait Tigg what are you do-" The next moment she flies into my chest and disappears there. I immediately feel..so powerful. Like a lot of energy just entered my body. I look at my hands and see that my suit starts to change. The green color turns to gold and my eyes also light up golden. I just look at my hands surprised and also noticed the surprised glare of my dad.

"What..? I never saw anything like that before." I look at him, take a deep breath, and form one of my energy balls in my hand. I look at him and the rest of his body which is covered by this goo. "I will save you, dad. At all costs." He looks at me with a little smile, he lowers his head and closes his eyes. "I'm so proud of you."

I look at him and then at the golden energy ball in my hand. I take a deep breath and I'm ready to use it on him when I feel two hands on my shoulders. I turn around surprised and see...Ladybug and Chat Noir?!

"W-What!? What are yo-"

"Lloyd. We, your ancestors, were always with you. We never left you, we were always with you. And we will always be a part of you." Behind them appear more Ladybug and Black cat holders. All lined up behind the Chat Noir and Ladybug I met in Paris. "And don't even dare to think that you disappointed us. We couldn't be more luckily then to have you take over our legacy. Now...fulfill our destiny. Green Ninja."

I look at them and just have to smile. I nod and turn around again towards my father. I feel their hands again on my shoulder. I take a deep breath and then look at my father with shiny golden eyes.

"Here goes nothing. NINJA GOOO!!"