25. Misunderstanding

Lloyd's POV

I look at the woman. She feels kinda familiar but I don't know why.

"Uhm...my name is...L-Mont-Montgomery, yes. I'm here together with my master but I kinda got lost here, since this place is really big.

I notice that she leans to the wall and that she doesn't feel so good but she acts like everything is fine. "I see...the guardians are...outside..."

It looks like she's ill, the next second she falls on her knees is about to vomit. I grab a trash can and run over to her, hold it in front of her with one hand while holding her hair back with my other hand. She just throws up into the trash can while I look at her worried.

"Maybe you should go see a doctor..."

"N-No...I'm fine..." I look at her and she stands up again. "Thank you for your help...Montgomery."

I just nod and also stand up. "Your welcome. Are you sure you'll be fine?"

She only nods before leaving the room. I sigh and then remember why I am here in the first place. Just when I want to leave the room I hear a big thud and an explosion. The whole building starts to shake and I also hear something falling down near me.

"Woah!!" I lose my balance and fall on the ground.

"What was that?" I ask myself standing up. I look around and then notice that this yellow stone fell down, it split in half and there's a strange imprint on it. Looks like there was something inside of it but it's gone now. I look up and then notice the akuma in the room.

"A-Akuma!??!"

But it doesn't look like a normal akuma. It's glimmering and glitching? What does that mean? And it looks darker than the normal akumas and also has some red markings. I already want to transform into the green Ninja when I remember that I don't have the miraculous. 

"Oh no..."

The akuma starts to fly out. My eyes wide instantly and I open the door and run outside following it. I can't let it akumatize anybody. I follow it for a short while when I hear a voice. I look away and see someone standing in front of a door. I take a closer look and recognize my father.  In an instant I jump behind the next corner, hoping that he didn't see me. I look around, searching for the akuma but it's...gone?!?

//What?!?! Oh no please don't!!//

I turn around and try to find it when I hear some voices. It comes from the room my father stood in front of. I look around the corner and see him just standing in front of the door about to grab the handle. It seems like he's listening to the voices inside the room. I lean a bit closer and luckily can hear their conversation, too.

"Father, I wanted to ask you something."

I hear someone say. I can't really recognize the voice but it sounds like Wu. His voice sounds higher than how I know it.

"Yes, my son?"

//My son? Then that must be...my grandpa??//

"It's concerning the guardian. I know that Garmadon wants to become the next guardian but it just doesn't feel right for me. "

I see that my father's eyes wide, he lowers his arm. He looks at the door kinda disappointed, kinda angry, and then walks away. I come out of my hiding spot and want to go after him when I hear that my uncle continues to talk, I stop in front of the door and open it a gap. I see my uncle sitting on the ground and in front of him sits probably my grandpa but I can't see him. I see my uncle taking off his earings and laying them in front of him on the ground.

"My brother is smart and he'll be the best guardian the world ever saw I know that. But I won't just let him do this alone. I want to help him. I know you forbid us to research the old scrolls because they are dangerous but you know that the prophecy is soon coming true and we need to know what we will face." He bows down. "I'm giving up on my miraculous. It would be too dangerous if I keep it. I want to travel the world and find out as much as I can to help my brother. Please father."

I look surprised at him through the door gap. I hear a silent laugh and then I see a hand laying down on Wu's head.

"You're just like Emma."

Emma? I remember that I once heard of this name from my uncle. Her name was Emma...A? Agr..e? I can't really remember the family name. But I love that name, it's beautiful.

"Your mother always wanted to do everything to help the people she loves. You and your brother aren't kids anymore. You go your path and your brother his, but you two are bounded by heart."

Wu smiles wide. "Thank you, father!"

A smile appears on my face and I silently close the door. Just when I want to go I remember something.

//Oh no. This is just a big misunderstanding. Father things Wu betrayed him! I have to tell him!!//

Just when I want to run I see the akuma again. My eyes wide and I start to run after it. I follow it and it flies through a wall into a room. I slam the door open and I see my father standing in the middle of a destroyed room. The akuma just flies right into his direction. My eyes wide I reach out one hand to him while running to him.

"LOOK OUT!!!"

Before he could even react the akuma flies into his chest. I stop shocked and my arm starts to shake.

//I-It flew into him...? The akuma...? B-But...why?//

He falls on his knees and just stares into the air. One of his hands clinches into his shirt over his heart while he holds his head with the other hand. One of his eyes starts to turn red while the other just stay normal. He shakes his head and says some weird things.

"Take over...world...evil...be evil...destroy everything..."

He says and then he just shakes his head and breathes heavily.

"N-No!! STOP!!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! ARRRGRHRHRHHRHRHH!!!!!!!"

I look at him shocked and see him changing. His skins start to turn black. I see his shirt ripping under his arms, his whole body trembles and he just keeps screaming. Just when I want to touch him I get knocked back by an explosion. I get knocked into a wall and fall on the ground. A short time later I open my eyes again and he's gone. There's only a big hole in the wall. I stand up and look through it outside.

"Oh, oh...it means...my father got akumatized himself...by this..ancient akuma? Who know's how long it was in this stone. It must be broken...of course..."

I hold my head and start to run out. "Father must get now the miraculous and he'll fuse them any moment. Then all the guardians would lock him away normally, I have to make sure that happens!!"

//I'm glad I wasn't able to stop him or tell him the truth about the misunderstanding. Yes, it was my first instinct to do so, but when I think about that fucked up other world...I have to make sure everything I know stays the same. Even if it means that my destiny will also stay the same.//