3. Tournament

Lloyd's POV

The last weeks I kept fighting the akumas along with training for the tournament. Right now I'm at the Ninjago Stadion, changing into my armor and clothes. Tigg flies out of my sport bag and looks at me smiling.

"How do you feel Lloyd?"

I look at her and smile. "Exited. It's something else then fighting as the green Ninja. Now everybody knows that it's me fighting." I look at her for a while. "Yes, I'm nervous."

She smiles and flies infront of my face. "Don't be nervous Lloyd, I know that you can do it! You've trained so much and as the green Ninja you have enough experience. Just do your best, I know that you will beat everyone!"

She hugs me, I just hug her back and smile. "Thank you Tigg. And I know I told you to stay by my side but when I start to fight it's to dangerous, somebody could see you. You wait somewhere, where you can watch me alright?"

She nods and then hides behind me when someone knocks at the door. "Come in."

Mr Ronin opens the door and looks at me. "Are you ready for the beginning ceremony Lloyd?"

I put on my helm and nod. I follow him outside and we both walk through the floor on the way to the entry of the stadion.

"And how do you feel Lloyd?"

"Huh?? Ehm...ehhh..."

I hear him laugh, I look at him and we stop in the tunnel.

"You're nervous. But I saw how determined you trained. Lloyd, you're a good boy. The last time I had a student like you was some years ago." He holds me by my shoulders and looks at me with a smile. "Now go out there and show the people what you got!"

I look at him suprised, I smile and nod. "Yes." He lets go off me and I look to the light shining into the tunnel.  I take a deep breath and then start to walk out. I'm getting blinded by the light and I keep walking to the middle of the stadion along with many other people. They all wear similar armor and clothes like me only with the difference that each of us has an other symbol on our clothes, from our schools. We all line up in the middle of the Stadion, the field for the fight is already built. We all start to bow down when the mayor of ninjago enters the stadion. He stops infront of all of us and looks at us.

"I welcome all of you to the international kendo tournament!!"

The people standing on the tribune around the stadion start to cheer and clap. The mayor looks around.

"Ninjago, as a country of traditions, is honoured to let this traditional tournament take place in our stadion! But let's don't waste time. Now time to clap for our participants!"

He points at us and we all start to stand up again, we start to spread around the place and wink to the people on the tribune. I look over the tribune. Under some places I see the banner of my school, I look up to the people and they...all cheer. Everybody all of them, they yell my name, hold up shields and everything. My friends are standing in the front row, cheering for me. A smile appears on my face, I start to wink them. When the referee enters the place he gets the mircophone from the mayor and brings the attention of the whole stadion to him.

"First, the 150 participants will be fighting in order to qualify for the tournament. Then the fighters who won will play one more round against another winner.  Today we'll find out who will get in the inner circle. Tomorrow we'll find out who will get into the final and after two days of preparing and gaining strength the last two fighters will fight for the first place of the tournament. Now we'll start with the first round!" He looks at a paper and then looks at all of us. "In the first round the fighter of the Serpents High School, Scales Hypo will fight against the fighter of the Ninjago High School, Lloyd Garmadon!!"

My eyes wide. No way, the first round and I already have to fight?! I get a bit nervous but when I look back to my school and see them how they cheer for me I get more confident. While all the other participants leave the field I and someone else, probably my oppenent walk on the field. The referee stands between both of us and hands us two wodden swords.

"Scales Hypo vs. Lloyd Garmadon."

My oppenent and I both bow down for each other and then make ourselves ready to fight.

"Aaaand....START!!"

We start to fight, even though the fight doesn't last long. After a half minute I already defeated him. I just look suprised at him while the whole stadion is quiet. The referee looks at me with big eyes and blows into a whistle.

"LLOYD GARMADON WINS!!"

The whole stadion starts to cheer again while I walk over to my oppent.  I want to shake his hand but he just slaps it away and then leaves the field. The referee walks over to me while the whole stadion starts to cheer for me. The referee looks at me and winks. "Good job kid, I never saw someone fight as fast as you did. And for someone your size that's pretty impressive. And? How does it feel?"

I look around, take my helmet off and smile. "Incredible."

I leave the place and just when I walk to my changing room my friends all jump me.

"Woah!!"

We all fall down together, while i just laugh they compliment me.

"Wow Lloyd, that was amazing!!! I knew you were a good fighter but that was incredible!!!" Says Kai while just ruffling through my hair.

They let go off me and Harumi jumps me and kisses me. She whispers into my ear. "My strong hero."

I turn immediately red, then just hug her and kiss her.

《In a tunnel leading to the field, some minutes before》

When everybody entered the field I arrived at the tunnel, leant against a wall and just watched the ceremony. This is the perfect opportunity, here are enough people and losers are always a easy victim. It'll be a child's play to find a victim. I already want to leave the tunnel when I hear something.

"...against the fighter of the Ninjago High School, Lloyd Garmadon!!!"

My eyes wide. I immediately turn around. Did he just said Lloyd? He's participating in this tournament? I watch Lloyd entering the fighting area. I decided to watch him a bit and my eyes wide even more when he defeated his opponent in such a short time.

"I didn't knew he is such a good fighter..."

I don't know what it is but I feel something strange. I shake my head and just ignore it. A smirk appears on my face. One more reason to bring him on my side.
Like father, like son.
I watch the one who lost comming into my direction, I hide behind a corner and then follow him. I also contact the silent one and tell her to make sure that Lloyd stays safe.
Since I found my new victim.