Chapter 63 - Fear of Heights

Lara's POV

I have been getting this uneasy feeling since Keith said that lying is wrong in the middle of our snow battle yesterday. Though the feeling was canceled when Kyle got me some really good time last night, it just got resurfaced this morning. Especially when Keith has been spreading his wicked smile since we had our breakfast together and made me even more miserable. I tried to ask him about it, but he just wouldn't tell me. That little handsome devil.

Now, I am completely nervous to be around him. Not to mention that Kyle is sitting here with us in a car. Though I am driving, I totally see Keith's suspicious face from the mirror.

"We're going to go ice skating! I am so excited!" Kennedy cheers to herself and Kat.

"Yay! It's cold outside!" Keith is being a jerk.

"I am so excited!" Kyle won't let her daughters down.

"Can we make a quick stop at a drugstore or something?" Keith asks.

"Are you sick?" I try to take a glance of him from the mirror.

"No, I just need to grab something." Keith says.

"Okay." I respond.

Is he sick? He looks fine. I don't want to antagonize him by saying something that might ruin his mood in our trip to the theme park, so I am just singing along with the kids. Keith seems pretty wicked with his mischievous eyes, and something tells me that it will lead to something not funny. His cheeky smile grows even more malicious when I park the car in front of Boots.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Kyle offers.

"No, I am good." Keith shuts the door quietly.

"Did you see that?" I ask Kyle as soon as Keith enters the store.

"See what?" Kyle has no idea.

"He sneered."

"What?"

One funny scene from Friends comes up to my mind to make my heart sinks to the bottom.

"Oh, Dear!" I rest my head back.

"What is it?" Kyle places his hand over mine.

"I think I know what he's going to get in there." I keep my voice low.

Kyle is checking on the back seat where his children are seated then brings his eyes back to me with a little caution.

"Condoms?" He whispers.

"No!" I whisper back at him.

"Then what?"

"Metallic lipstick." I say to him.

"WHAT?!" Kyle couldn't keep his voice down.

We both look back to find the kids are startled by Kyle's shock.

"Remember in Friends when Chandler lied to Joey about his audition tape?" I ask Kyle.

"Baby, it's been years since I watched that show." Kyle sighs.

"The audition tape was for Joey's commercial. The product is lipstick for men." I tell Kyle.

"So?"

"So, Joey made Chandler wore that lipstick to teach him that lying is wrong!"

"Oh, no!" Kyle drops his shoulder.

"He's here!" I say to Kyle when I spot Keith walking back to the car with a little shopping bag.

The fear grows in Kyle's eyes once Keith is in the car with his happy face and his little shopping bag. At this moment, I regret that I forced Keith to binge watch that show over and over again.