Chapter 32 - One Legacy

Kyle's POV

The last time I am sitting man to man with a life threatening topic was eighteen years ago when I went to Kylie's house to meet her parents and to tell them that Kylie's pregnant with my child. It never came to mind that I would be doing this all over again except we're in a Starbucks right now.

Harry is being very casual with his cup of Americano while I am here sweating bullets. Earlier, Lara told me to just relax and take my time to answer Harry's questions, but I am still terribly nervous.

"So, what do you see in her?" He begins the trivia with the easy question.

"I see my whole world." I remember a quote from Lara's first book and I mean it. I see her as my Queen that I would serve for the rest of my life.

"You're world?" His corner lips itch.

"Yes." I nod my head hard.

I brush my finger on my temple to dry the sweat that starts to running down my face to make me look even more nervous than I actually am and tapping my foot on the floor is not exactly helping me to get a little bit more comfortable in front of Harry.

Harry laughs.

"Relax, mate! We're not discussing anything harmful here, just you and my daughter." Harry tries to cage his laughter.

"Oh!" I sigh.

"Why her?" He strikes again. "You could choose anyone, but why her?"

"Because I love her. I truly do." I admit. "I know that it's impossible for me to describe how much I love her. It's just I couldn't imagine a world without her, because she's my world."

"Well, she is a part of my world and I would love to let you shield her from any harm." He lets out a little smile.

"I will always do, Sir!" I convince him.

Harry sets aside his coffee to lean forward and kill me with the look in his eyes. If Lara's not watching from a few tables away, I would have cried.

"If you in anyway cause the tears in her eyes to run down her face, I will come for you. Even when I am no longer in this world, I will come back and hunt you down. Is that understood?" He threatens me.

Words won't dare to come out of my mouth because my brain is trying to process all of his frightening sentences all at once. Hence, I just nod my head and keep my eyes down on the table.

"Good!" He backs down.

I secretly release my fear out along with a silent exhale. I hope Lara didn't see how terrified I was when Harry declared his initiation to kill me. My heart is now trying to beat normally and I make it worst by sipping this cappuccino.

The look in Harry's eyes is no longer threatening and his smile is eventually growing slowly as he lands his eyes on me. I learn something today and I am sure that I will do the same when Kennedy and Katherine bring their grooms home.

It is now time for Harry to board the plan and I couldn't be more relieved.

"You should come to the tour." Lara gives Harry a tight hug.

"I wish!" Harry plants a sweet kiss on Lara's crown.

"Can't the gallery be left alone?" Lara whines.

"Heidi is doing her very best to keep it running for ten days. I should help her out, it's mine after all." Harry messes with Lara's hair, but quickly fixes it.

Lara pouts her mouth.

"Besides, you will be pretty much occupied by Mr. Editor here." Harry points me out with his look.