Chapter 42 - Kory Anders

Kyle's POV

My phone vibrates in my hand as I put my arm around Lara. Who the hell is it? Lara tilts her head to take a look at my phone screen, and her eyes suddenly widen as fear creeps in her diamond face.

"It's Keith!" She pulls away to rest her back on the railing.

"Shit!" I cuss under my breath as I take a look on the screen.

"Pick it up! Otherwise he's going to keep calling!" Lara can't escape the horror in her mind.

"I can't answer it! I am driving to Josh's house." I turn off my phone.

"Kyle, why did you turn it off?" Lara rolls her eyes out and continue her walk upstairs.

I catch up to her, "I don't want him to bother us."

"See? Now he's calling me!" Lara waves her phone in front of my eyes. "What if something bad happened?!"

She's right! I am an idiot! What if something happened? Something bad to the kids?!

"Hey!" Lara answer her phone.

"What's he saying?" I lower my voice.

Lara shoots me a glare as she enters her room, "You want to say hello to my boyfriend?"

Keith wants to say hello to me? Why?

"Why?" Lara asks the exact same question.

"Put him on speaker!" I quietly demands.

I know that she's annoyed, but thankfully she agrees to put Keith on speaker.

"You know, I just want to introduce myself like 'Hey! I am Lara's guy best friend. If you do anything stupid, I will kill you'. That kind of thing." He basically threatens me.

Lara laughs at him, and I don't know why. I didn't find that funny at all. Well, now they're both laughing. I am the one who didn't get the joke.

"Keith! That's called threatening." Lara tries to stop laughing.

"I know. I just..."

"You just what?"

"I just feel like I know him."

My heart stops.

"How do you know him?" Lara glances at me.

"He kind of looks like my dad." Keith says to the phone.

I sit myself next to Lara on her bed before I collapse and hit my head onto the floor. Lara turns her head to check on me while I am just placing my hand over my heart because I feel like I am busted.

"Did you see his face?" Lara snorts.

"No, but..."

"So, you don't know, silly." Lara laughs to cover up her nerves.

"He did look like my dad from the back, especially with a fancy Burberry coat of him. It's a limited edition, you know."

Lara flies her fist to land it on my arm subtly.

"Yeah, he's bragged about it. I mean, it's pretty." Lara tells him.

"Can I talk to him? Maybe he sounds like my dad too." Keith presses.

"He's in the bathroom, doing his big business." Lara scoots out a little and whispers to the phone. "I think he got some meat sweat."

"Very funny!" I praise her when she glances at me.

That stupid joke is making the two of them share a laughter of joy.

"So, he lives around here?" Keith begins again.