Chapter 6 - Dinner with Red

Keith's POV

I slam my phone on the couch and accidentally startle Keaton who sits on my laps. He looks at me for a second then turn to the TV again. Stupid Blake! She broke up with me because I didn't want to have sex with her. She's been asking for it since we started dating few months ago. Screw that stupid doll! I can find another girlfriend!

"Keith!" Kennedy screams my name.

"What?!" I bark.

"Dad asks if you want Chinese food." She rolls her eyes to her phone.

"Yeah." I shrug.

Dad, Kennedy, and I have the same temper. We regularly annoy each other with our savage attitude, but Kennedy is more tolerable than dad. Kennedy is talking to dad on her phone while playing with Kat. At least Kennedy never bothers Kat nor Keaton the way she bothers me.

"Dad is going to buy Chow Mein for dinner." Kennedy talks to Katherine.

"That's it?" I ask her.

"Duh! Orange Chicken, too." She rolls her eyes at me.

My phone buzzes. I bet it is Blake, regretting all the things she said.

Michael :
Where r u?

Me :
Home

Michael :
Dude, it's Saturday

Me :
Dad won't let me out

Michael :
Babysit?

Me :
Finals week

Sometimes I do think that my best friend is a real idiot. We have to take our final exams next week and he is still not taking it seriously. We plan to go to NYU, though I told my dad I got into UCLA. I am going to miss these kids! Especially my baby brother, Keaton. I have not spent a lot of time with him.

Keaton seems to enjoy Tom being dumbfounded by Jerry. He points his finger at the TV and giggles. He is so cute! I wish my mom could see him being cute like this.

I miss her so much. She deserved better. Just when I am enjoying my time with cute Keaton, my dad comes home. Kennedy and Katherine are already running to him.

They head to the kitchen to prepare dinner. I hope he will let me to eat in my room. I could use study excuse, I think. I put Keaton in my arms and walk to the kitchen, following a scrumptious smell.

"Put on some clothes! We are expecting a guest." He looks at me then back to the Orange Chicken.

"A woman you picked on the side of the road?" I frown.

My dad looks pissed. He straightens up his back and put his two hands on his waist.

"Our neighbor!" He lets out a sigh. "Now go put on some clothes! No need to brag about your new muscles."

I roll my eyes and hand Keaton to him. He never likes me working out to impress Blake. I listen to his words and head upstairs to put on some clothes.

My dad will not let me eat the food in my room because we are expecting a guest. I put on whatever I find in my closet and wear it like a champ. As I am running downstairs, she is entering the door. That red.

Lara's POV

I was just about to close the door behind my back when those blue eyes starring back at me. There he is, on his way down. It's Saturday night. Doesn't he have a girlfriend or something? I turn my eyes to the girls who are so welcoming.

"Hey, Kids!" I wave at them.

Katherine is already dragging me into the kitchen along with Kennedy. Kyle and Keaton joins us soon, and Keaton is legit smiling at me. He is so cute.