Chapter 5 - Little Trouble

Lara's POV

OH MY GOD!!! Someone just saw me naked. Well, half naked. ARRGGHH! I haven't put on my clothes properly earlier, and he was staring at me for a few seconds before he turned to look away. Wait! That boy was the boy from the store yesterday.

He lives in here? What? Is he the other kid? How many kids does Kyle have? I fake banging my head to the dryer in silence. I was not going to put on my bra because Kyle is not in here anyway, and my bra is not completely dry yet.
Ugh! Now that there is a teenage boy in the house, I have to put it on. EW, it's damp. Whatever.

What should I do when I walk out? Should I just ignore the fact that he just saw my body? I don't really want to confront him about it. It's embarrassing.
Still, I need to get out of here. Maybe I'll just pretend that he didn't see anything. I place my hand on my heart, trying to chill it out and turn the door knob with my other hand.

As soon as it's opened, I can see that the TV is on. I walk out tip toeing, so I won't make any sound.
I find Kennedy and Katherine in front of the TV, eating cheerio without milk. I look around the house to make sure that I can run away from here as soon as possible.

"Alright, kids! I think I am going to go." I break their connection with the TV with a big sigh.

"You're not going to stay?" Katherine leaves her spot and reach out for my hand.

"No, Snow White." I level my eyes with her.

"We can have dinner together. My brother brought meatloaf." Kennedy backs her sister up.

Her brother. I knew it.

"Maybe some other time." I smile at Kennedy with my shoulders up.

"How much do I have to pay you?" A very quiet and a little bit raspy voice echoes from the stairs.

I have to get up on my feet and turn around to see him. He has lost the blue hoodie, leaving his black tee and jeans. As he comes closer to me, his tall figure towers me. Those eyes are shimmering the exact same cold vibe as yesterday.
They're blue and intimidating.

"Keith, she is not a nanny!" Kennedy scolds her brother.

I love savage Kennedy.

"I am Lara. I actually live across the street." I force a smile, trying to be nice.
I was kind of waiting for him to say. 'I am sorry. I saw your body' or 'sorry about the laundry room', but he does not say anything. He just glares at me with his fierce eyes.

"Okay!" I look away from him. "Bye, kids!"

"Bye, Lara!" Kennedy and Katherine waves in unison.

What a jerk! He is so annoying. So rude. EW! I hate him already. I walk out the door in a hurry and forget that it's actually still raining, so I have to shield myself with my skinny hands of mine above my head and run to my house.

Why did I go back to their house? I could have just let them stay in my house when they got washed up in the rain on our way home from the freaking park, but they got nothing to wear, so I took them home, and I was the one who got nothing to wear.