Chapter 40 - One Last Page

Lara's POV

My butt stinks, my palms are scratched, my head aches and yet these two hunks are fighting in front of my eyes. Keith is pulling me to his side and Kyle is pulling me to his side, it's like they're playing a tug of war with me as a substitute to a rope.

Keith is getting a little too rough, he is pulling me right to crush on his chest and he is using his strong hand to give Kyle a little bit of a push to back off. My hands automatically leave Keith's side to grab a hold onto Kyle's to help him.

I could see a glimpse of anger in Kyle's eye and I know where it would lead.

"You know what? I am just going to get in by myself." I remove my hands from Kyle's before Keith notices.

"No, Red!" Keith tries to hold me back.

"It's okay! You guys just have some dinner over there." I gesture their house with my fingers.

"No!" Keith barks.

"I think she's right." Kyle sighs.

Keith murders me with his look. I force a timid smile on my face but I am clearly failing. I turn my head to Kyle to tell him that I wish that he could be the one who takes me inside to sit by my side.

"I am going to die if I leave you alone." Keith is being dramatic.

"Keith......" I am about to plead.

"You don't want me to, do you?" Keith attacks me with his big puppy eyes.

I check on Kyle, secretly asking for his permission though I am going to let Keith win anyway. Kyle drops his eyes down to the ground as he slightly nods his head.

"Fine." I tell Keith then turn to Kyle. "Thank you, Kyle."

"No problem." Kyle is in his best behavior.

"Let's go!" Keith puts his arms around me.

Once I follow Keith's lead, I helplessly turn my head to see Kyle standing there with his head down. Kyle slowly turns around to find his way home and my heart drops. I hate this, but I didn't know why I surrendered to Keith so easily.

When I feel myself being thrown in the air to land on both of Keith's hand, I gasp. He is literally carrying me upstairs.

"I can walk." I assure him.

"Of course you can." He smirks.

"So, let me down?" I ask.

"Not a chance." He snorts.

Again, I surrender to him and keep myself quite for the trip to my room in his arms. Keith smells so good, at the very least. He puts me down on the bed and I quickly sit myself up to make him confused.

"Aren't you supposed to lie down?"

"I need to change my clothes, first." I tell him.

"Oh." He scratches the back of his neck.

"A little privacy?" I make my way to the wardrobe.

"Yeah."

Keith walks himself out, but pauses in the doorway to make me turn to him.

"I am just going to go get the honey water real quick." He informs me.

"Okay." I nod.

"Yup." He shuts the door.

Keith's POV

Everyone's being busy in the kitchen, including my dad. I am just minding my own business to run upstairs. I get my favorite black hoodie from my closet and take whiff. It doesn't smell like anything since I washed it yesterday. I grab my Versace perfume that Red loves then spray it all over my hoodie. Not too much, though.