Chapter 36 - Headlights

Keith's POV

I am stretching out my neck to able to see from a distant since I only am standing behind this line in the domestic arrival. It's already one thirty in the morning and I don't see Red anywhere. I tried to call her, but it went straight to voice mail. Maybe her phone is dead again.

Once I spot her red velvet hair, I quickly raise up my hand high in the air for her to notice me. Red drops her jaw in excitement and waves her hand up to show her excitement. How in the world is she looking this pretty in the fucking early morning?

"Oh, God! Hi!" She storms in to my arms.

"Hey!" I say to her hair. This Strawberry fragrance will be the end of me.

"It's freezing in here!" She pulls away and hugs herself.

"Here!" I unwrap my scarf to give her neck a little extra warmth.

"Thanks." She smiles.

"C'mon! Let's get you warmed up in the car!" I take over her carrier and use my free hand to hold her tight.

Red is warming herself up by rubbing her palms altogether as soon as we get in the car. I turn up the heather to cast away the cold.

"How's LA?" I roar the engine.

"Warmer." She jokes.

"Obviously." I giggle.

"Is your dad already home?" She asks me.

"Yeah, why?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Nothing." She throws her shoulders up. "It's just, his flight was much earlier than mine."

I take a quick glance at her, "Yeah, he got home at like eleven."

My peripheral could spot Red nodding her head.

"Why didn't you two fly together like the usual?" I turn to the highway.

"I don't know, I guess the flights were fully booked."

The sound of her yawn is too cute and the look in her face is too tired to cheer. I shut my mouth to let her sleep, but she doesn't want to close her eyes. She reaches out for my radio, changing all of the station until she stops at Mistletoe by Justin Bieber.

"You're not sleepy, are you?" She yawns again.

"Not at all!" I press my lips together to not yawn.

"Do you have some water?" She looks around.

"There's water in the door compartment. It's sealed." I gesture the back seat with my thumb.

Red dips her hand down to the compartment to take out the water bottle and then struggles to open the bottle cap. I could hear her sighing so, I feel the need to pull over to help her.

"Here!" I steal the water bottle from her.

"Thanks." She accepts the now opened water bottle with a smile.

I return her adorable gratitude and I am so ready to tease her.

"How did you survive those tours without me?!" I hit the road again.

Red gives me the side eye as she is washing her dry throat.

"I miss you, too." She snorts.

I like it when she wipes her lips with the back of her hand after.

"I miss you, Red." I feel the smile creeps up on my face.

"You already said that, on the phone." She reminds me.