Chapter 8 - Trouble Maker

Hi, Loves! I decided to include preview of this chapter by putting a playlist. You will find the preview scenes down below! (It's not a spoiler)

Playlist for this chapter :

Why Can't I by Liz Phair (Lara and Michelle driving to school)

Kiwi by Harry Styles (Keith seeing Blake in school)

Please Me by Cardi B & Bruno Mars (Kyle Meeting up with Lara)

Bloodstream by Ed Sheeran & Rudimental (Chapter Finale)

P.S : I don't own the picture.

Lara's POV

"Yeah, who told me to move into New York but went on a trip with her husband when I was actually unpacking in my new house anyway?" I roll my eyes to the phone on my dashboard.

"I forgot that her cousin's wedding is in Hawaii." Michelle giggles fill up my car because I put her on a speaker.

I almost copy her giggle, "I mean it's Hawaii! How could you forget?"

"I am here, anyway." She keeps giggling. "Now give me a ride to school!"

Michelle is the Queen of forgetting. I am not sure how she manages to remember that I am her best friend all this time?! She was the one who convinced me to live in New York.

I only agreed to her idea because I thought that we would be neighbors, but the house next to her was sold to another person who apparently offered more money than me. Even though we don't live in the same neighborhood, but our houses are only ten minutes away.

"Get in!" I disconnect the call and roll off my car window.

As soon as she gets in, Michelle squeezes me tightly and wiggles me to the right and to the left. She squeaks out of excitement and I am dying.

"I...can't breathe!" I pretend to suffocate.

"Mwah!" She kisses my cheek. "I miss you so much!"

I retreat myself far away from her to pretend that I actually am upset because she left on the day I moved in, but I quickly give up and give her a huge bear hug.

"Where is Dominic?" I ask Michelle.

"He got a call from the hospital this really early morning." She rolls her eyes.

"Well, you married a doctor!" I giggle then start driving.

"We were in the middle of baby making." She gestures her early activity with her husband using her thumb and her point fingers.

"EW!!!" I gesture a fake vomit.

Actually, I was expecting that she would get mad, but she didn't. Instead, she crosses her arms on her moderate chest and narrow her eyes on me.

"What?!" I glance over to her then back to the road again.

"How long?" She pops her question.

"How long...?"

"How long has it been since that special night in Miami again?"

"What do you mean?" I know where this is going.

"AH!" she claps her hands. "Five months!"

"Mish!"

"You need to get laid!" She throws her burnt orange hair over her shoulder.

I roll my eyes.

"Seriously, I could hook you up with Dom's friends." She gets super excited when it comes to match making me and apparently everyone she knows.