Chapter 57 - Red Fever

Keith's POV

My dad and I have not shared a word since that night. It feels strange. Even it didn't feel this strange before. I always avoided him and only talked to him when I needed money or something, but we talked. I haven't even seen him today since he didn't get out of his room all day long.

I am sure that my family is aware of the situation, except the kids. It's been four days since we're stuck in this awkward situation and suddenly I feel bad.

It is just the same every day, we don't talk anymore. My ego is too big to start a conversation while he's using that to completely ignore me. This doesn't feel right, so I go to my Uncle to have ask for some opinions. Though I am pretty sure that he's going to tell me that I should just talk to my dad.

"Can I ask you a question? I announce myself to him who is chilling with his wife in the living room.

"Yeah." He responds.

I run my eyes to Aunt Lily who has no idea that I actually want to talk to Uncle Ethan in private because she just keeps watching the TV. Uncle Ethan follows my eyes and notices my intention in a split second.

"Honey, I am going to talk to Keith outside." Uncle Ethan stands to his feet.

"Okay." She smiles at him then throws a joke. "Don't kidnap my husband for too long!"

"Okay." I laugh.

Uncle Ethan leads the way to the porch swing, but I gesture the beach as soon as I close the front door. Uncle Ethan nods his head and starts making his way to the beach.

"What's up?" He asks me as we land in the sand.

"I think I screwed up." I let out a sigh.

"What do you mean?" He crosses his arms.

I give him the side eye, "C'mon! You know what I mean."

"Well, you're dad is not mad at you." He assures me.

"The silent treatment gives me the angry vibe." I scoff.

"He does that to everyone except for the kids because he can't ignore them." He laughs.

"He ignores you too?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Have you seen him talking to any adult here?"

I shake my head.

"After he told me about mom, I..."

"He told you about Kylie?" He gasps.

"In a bad way." I still get shivers down my spine when I recall that rage.

Uncle Ethan takes two step closer to meet the salt water, leaving me behind with a confusion. I guess, it is really a big deal to everybody about that secret.

"He insisted that we should keep it a secret." He looks up to the moon.

"But why?"

"I guess he didn't want you guys to remember your mom as a psychopath."

I feel so offended when he calls my mom a psychopath, "She's not a psychopath! Did she went around to kill people?!"

"I am sorry!" He places his hand over his heart. "She just dipped you guys in the pool, drugged you guys to sleep, strangled Katherine and tried to kill my twin brother. Oh, and she gave away Kat to some random woman in a park, do you remember?"

"She was sick." I don't want to admit that my mother was dangerously lethal.

"That's what your dad said to us." He lets out a sigh.