Chapter 19 - Graveyard

Playlist and Preview:
-Make Me Move by Culture Code ft. Karra (Chapter Opening)
-Run Free by Deep Chills ft. Ivie (In the cab)
-Circles by Post Malone (Walking  down the graveyard)
-Silence by Marshmello ft. Khalid (Talking to the stone)
-Graveyard by Halsey (Chapter Finale)

P.S : I don't own the picture.

~~~~~~

Lara's POV

I am having a major fight with my own suitcase . This stupid huge Red Box just won't cooperate with me. I throw myself on top of it to help myself to zip it tight.

"C'mon, you Red!" I hiss.

"Ugh! I should have finished packing last night, but my bed was looking insanely tempting." I tell myself.

"There you go!" I double tap this stupid box.

When I think that this fight is over, it's not finally over. The next challenge is the stairs. Oh, yeah! That damn stairs. At first, I was thinking to just slide my suitcase downstairs. But, that decision might break all of my make up in there. So, guess what? I need to carry this carefully downstairs. By myself. All by myself.

I roll up my sleeves then inhale as many air as I can to encourage myself. Just think that I am Wonder Woman. I could carry this with zero problem. And I knew that I was wrong as soon as step down this stairs. This box is beyond heavy and I blame myself for that.

"Ugh!" That's all I say in repetition as I am walking down the stairs.

Dear, God! I think I just done my workout with this and those stairs. I end up resting myself by leaning against the wall as soon as the stairs are over, catching my breath. I take off my denim jacket to let my skin breath.

"Okay, let's go!" I let myself out.

Once I get myself out, I don't see any yellow vehicle that is waiting up for me. I swear that I got a notification that the cab has arrived when I faced the stairs. Great! I don't bother to get back in my house just because this is super heavy.

Finally, a yellow cab is seen driving to my home. I remove myself from the wall and begin walking all the way to the driveway, waiting for the cab to park. The lady driver helps me put my suitcase in the trunk and we both smile awkwardly for a team up celebration.

Just when I am about to get in the car, my peripheral catches a glimpse of Kyle. I turn my head to the side to get a better view. There is no need to get his attention because his eyes are meeting mine in the right time.

I know that he is still upset because he has not called me since yesterday. That's what he does when he gets upset, ignoring me until he comes through with his own mind. I get it, but tomorrow is my birthday. Doesn't he want to be happy for me?

Knowing that he will not run his way to me right now, I close the door and ask the lady driver to hit the road immediately. Like a complete fool, I turn to him. To see him just standing there and watch me go. This reality hits me right in my bone to make my eyes burn.

"You deserve better, my dear." The lady driver gives me a suggestion.

"Excuse me?" I sob.

"You just packed your bags and got in the cab to the airport. He's probably an asshole for letting you go. Even though he has a really nice house, doesn't make him a better person." She spits.

I hold back my laughter. "No, that's my own house. He doesn't live in it."

"Oops! Sorry!" She apologizes through the mirror. "You seem like you just broke up with someone."