Chapter 56 - Hideous Hood

Lara's POV

I rest my hands on the window sill as I'm staring at the falling snow outside. The snow reminds of the sweet kiss that Kyle and I shared on New Year's Eve. His lips were cold, but they got warmer as soon as they touched mine. I miss him. What is he doing right now? He must be angry with me because I left him without a word.

The snow also reminds me of Keith's anger. His eyes were so red from the tears and my betrayal. I shouldn't have lied to him in the first place. Keith loves snow. I remember he knocked on my door and got so excited because the snow has fallen in New York.

"Yes?" I answer to a knock on my door.

My dad cracks open the door and pops his head into the room, "May I come in, darling?"

I nod my head lightly.

When he said I, he meant himself and two maids behind him with a food cart. Without my permission, Marry and Tara transfer every single item on the food cart to the table then leave my dad and I alone. I raise my eyebrow at my father, but he doesn't notice that and takes a sit right next to me on my favorite green velvet sofa.

"Dad, I am not hungry." I tell him.

"You only ate a tiny bite of scone yesterday. I am concerned." My dad lifts his bottom coat to get comfortable.

"Well, Gammy and Pop fed me pancake this morning." I fake a smile.

"Which you didn't finish."

"It was four layers of blueberry pancakes topped with a huge dollop of whipped cream with a really tiny amount of syrup."

My dad laughs at my description of the pancakes, but quickly clears his throat with a murderous look on the hoodie that I am wearing.

"You have to wash that hideous hooded thing, darling! It's been a week." My dad playfully pinch his nose.

"I don't smell!" I defend myself.

My dad lets out a sigh, "You don't but that thing does."

"Put it in the wash and spray this perfume on it after, it will smell like him again." My dad hands me a Versace perfume.

"Dad..."

"I knew that this belongs to Keith, so I figured that you wouldn't want to take it off unless...."

"Unless you got me the exact same perfume as his." I finish his sentence.

"Exactly." He chuckles. "And it has been a week since you put that thing on. Now it's time to wash it."

"Alright." I give up.

I unzip the hoodie only to reveal Kyle's white t-shirt underneath.

"That's not yours." My dad points at the t-shirt.

"No." I admit.

"Kyle's?" He guesses.

"I just wore this today, I am not taking this off now." I protect Kyle's t-shirt.

"I am surprised that you have been wearing this for a week, but you just wore that shirt today."

"Oh, I have plenty of Kyle's clothes." I tell my dad.

"He just gave them to you?" My dad narrows his eyes.

Oh, I can't tell him that I got his clothes as a trade for my panties.

"Yeah." I lie.

"That's very generous of him." My dad is being cheeky.

A thought of Kyle brings a smile to my face and a pain in my heart. I don't know how one thought could be this joyfully ache me.