Chapter 58 - Apology

Keith's POV

It has been three days since my dad sick. He's barely awake and kept talking in his sleep, calling out for Red, specifically. I secretly stopped by his room every now and then to check on him and every time was the same. He's still got the fever. My grandpa has had enough with this fever and decided to take him to the hospital.

"Let's go!" My grandpa is awaiting for me in the entry way while Uncle Ethan is already in the car with my dad.

"I'll watch the ladies and the kids." I make an excuse not to go to the hospital because it creeps me out.

"Your Aunt is a master of mixed martial arts and knows how to use weapons." My grandpa turns away and heads to the door.

I sink into my shoulders and follow his demand unwillingly as I put on my hoodie. My grandpa climbs into the front passenger seat, and that means that I am going to sit in the back right next to my half awaken mumbling dad.

"Lara." He keeps mumbling.

"Dad! Red's not here!" I tap on his arm.

My dad tries his best to fully open his eyes to see me, but he doesn't say anything. I feel so bad for him. It looks like a Dementor has sucked all of his life for the last few days. His t-shirt are drenched in sweats and I don't have a choice, but to wipe it off of his face with a face towel.

"He's sweating a bullet!" I inform my grandpa and my uncle.

"We'll get there in three minutes." My uncle tells me.

"Lara..." My dad mumbles again.

His eyes are no longer opened, but his breath is rushing. He weakly turns his head to the left then to turn right, not sure if he's actually fully awake now.

"Lara..." He mewls.

"Dad..." I feel guilty.

I lean forward to talk, "Why does he keep mumbling like this?"

"Because he misses his girl?" Uncle Ethan responds me with his sarcasm.

"This is stressing him out." My grandpa gives me a better answer.

"Alright, we're here!" Uncle Ethan turns the car into the hospital.

As he stops the car right behind the ambulance, I jump off the car and run around to open the door on my dad's side. With the help of my grandpa, I put my dad's arm around my shoulder and put the other around my grandpa's shoulder. Once we enter the emergency room, a male nurse is rushing towards us to offer his help. Thank God!

The male nurse immediately forbid us to go further and tells us to wait in the waiting room to let them treat my dad while uncle Ethan is still out there to park the car.

This is not a real life threatening emergency, but I feel like my heart is about to pop out of my chest. Not to mention that I am actually in the hospital and the image of me crying over my mom's dead body is drawn vividly in my head.

"He's going to be okay." My grandpa comforts me.

"Yeah." I sit on the chair.

"You want to go get some fresh air?" My grandpa takes a closer look at my face.

"Yeah, I think I do." I take a deep breath to fill my lungs with air.

My grandpa lightly nods his head and I walk my way out of the ER in a rush. I still can't help the feeling of losing someone in my head. I rest my back on the wall and look up to the night sky as the crescent moon keeps me company.

"Hey, how's your dad?" Uncle Ethan is jogging his way to me.

"The doctor's with him and grandpa is filling up the form, I think." I tell him.