Chapter 61 - Snowballs

Keith's POV

I need to stop staring at her. For the love of God! Please, make me stare at something else! Once I pan my eyes to her grandpa, he looks straight into my soul. Damn, that's a terrible idea. I get back to my roasted chicken, but my eyes betray me. They get back to Red as soon as I put down my guard.

"Welcome!" Red's grandpa opens this lunch.

"There are so many of you!" Red's grandma looks excited as she claps her hands.

I didn't know that she has an American accent.

"Gammy!" Red scolds her grandma in such an adorable way.

"I hope the travel wasn't too rough." Red's grandpa spreads a warm smile for us. "I am Oliver, Lara's grandfather, and this is Lara's grandmother, Courtney."

"I am Kyle." My dad clears his throat. "This is my eldest son Keith. That is Kennedy, Katherine, and Keaton."

The girls and I are automatically wave our hands towards Oliver and Courtney with the weirdest smile on our faces.

"Forgive me for visiting without notice." My dad apologizes.

"Well, I'm so glad that you all came to visit." Oliver states.

"It's so nice to finally meet you guys." Courtney adds.

"Father, can we spare the introduction for later?" Harry interrupts. "I am sure they all are starving."

Oliver surrenders to Harry and opens up his arm as a cue for us to feast.

"How do you guys like them?" Courtney asks us about the food.

"It's great." I respond.

"I like it." Kat says.

"It's really good." Kennedy and dad says at the same time.

"Thanks, I made them." Courtney's  smile is blooming. "We could all go and play in the game room after."

"What? I thought we're going to take a look around the backyard to see the cows and the sheep." Red protests.

"Honey, there's nothing back there but some cold thick snow on the ground." Courtney snorts.

"I could come with you." My dad offers to go with Red in a whisper.

Smooth.

"Kyle, I was wondering if you would play chess with me." Harry says.

I am dying of laughter in my head. I bet Harry caught my dad moves on Red earlier.

"That does sound fun." Oliver cheers.

"Maybe you should show Keith the backyard." Harry glances at me.

"Do you want to?" Red carefully asks me.

"Sure." I answer too fast. Damn it!

"Okay, I am going to give you guys a house tour, and then we can play in the game room." Courtney informs us the schedule.

When Courtney  said a house tour, it's really a house tour. Well, it's more like a castle tour. First, we follow her along into the giant living room. It's the size of my entire kitchen, living room, and garage combine together. She happily explains that they often host a party in here. I throw my eyes at Red when I heard the word party, and she timidly hides her smiles from her grandma.

"Are you ready to show me the cows and the sheep?" I ask Red in a whisper.

"Yeah." She chuckles. "Let me get my jacket!"