Chapter 1 - The Big One

Yay!!! This is the first chapter *wink*
I hope you guys like it, let me know if you do!!
P.S : I don't own the picture.

Lara's POV

I take a step back and accidentally hit my back on the wall to let these guys through with my minty blue velvet couch. One of the guys turn his head to me and I point out my finger to his left, gesturing the living room for the couch to be placed.

"Careful, please!" I tell the guy who carries a box full of my makeup.

I say to him again, "It goes upstairs."

"Is that the last one?" I jog myself back to the truck.

"Yeah." The guy takes the one last box from the truck into my house.

"Thanks, Jerry!" I say to one of the guy I know in here. He's like the leader or something. "And thank you guys!"

I don't know why I wave to them as they are heading back to the truck.

"Thanks!" Jerry refers to the big tip that I give him to share for his crew.

I nod my head and walk back to my porch as Jerry roars the truck engine. The engine doesn't make me jump, but the scream of a little girl across the street does. It's so high pitched that could make my ears bleed.

My eyes are curious to see what could possible make such a little girl to scream like that in the morning. I try to take a look inside the house across the street through the window and I totally can see a little black haired girl is being chased by another girl who is older. It's a happy chase, apparently.

I am relieved that it's nothing serious going on in that house. Now, I need to go back to the business. Unpacking my stuffs in my new house. As I lock the door behind my back, I get a warm welcome from these scattered boxes in my living room.

Once I roll up my sleeves and put up my hair in a pony, I am ready to place them to where they belong. Just when I am starting with the kitchen tools, my phone screams in my pocket. I take it out and find grandpa's number on the screen.

"Papa!" I chirp.

"Hey, little muffin! How's the new house?" He asks me.

"It's huge!" I respond.

"Too huge to live alone or too huge to compare it to mine? He laughs sneeringly.

I drop my shoulders, "It's too huge to live alone and your house it's not small, Papa."

He snorts, "My house is smaller than your dad's bathroom."

"Are we going to argue about the house or are you going to ask me how I am doing alone so far?" I know that he's worried about me.

"Alright! How's my little muffin doing so far?" He gives up his jealousy.

"Well, I already missed your breakfast." I admit.

"You could always come back here to the small house and I will cook you breakfast and you can bake cakes with Janine again."

I miss Janine. She's really sweet.

"I'll come and visit on the holiday." I give him the good news.

"Come home when you finished your book." He bargains.

"There will be the book launch, Papa. I'll be there on the Holiday, I promise." I assure him. "Or, you could come and visit me."

He sighs, "Okay. Just don't forget to lock your doors and windows. Always!"