Chapter 47 - Jessica

Lara's POV

Kyle has been quiet since we dropped the girls at his parents' house earlier. He's refused to look at me in the eyes, he's refused to start a conversation, and he's refused to bug me with his complain about not spending New Year together.

"I am so hungry!" I try to get his attention.

"Have you seen any of Keith's video? He has a gaming channel with Michael, right?!" He suddenly asks me.

"Yeah, I have seen a few of their videos."

Kyle doesn't respond to my answer. He only frowns his forehead and focuses his eyes on the road. It's so weird, he doesn't even steal a glance at me.

"Why?" I need to raise my voice a little bit to be heard.

"His camera was in the living room earlier. It was on." He clicks his tongue.

"Oh."

"Baby, don't 'oh' me!" He scowls.

"What?"

Kyle clenches his jaw and tightens his grip on the steering wheel, "That damn camera could be recording us."

"We did nothing. Relax!" I remove one of his hand from the steering wheel to place it on my lap.

"I kissed you on the cheek." He sighs.

"Um, how long was it on?" Fear starts to creep up on my face.

"Keith went back home to get the camera around five minutes after you and the girls went upstairs. He said the camera died and the battery was on forty percent when he left i

"When did he leave to Michael's exactly?" I am trying to calculate everything.

"He left about an hour before you came." He answers.

"Well, it could be long dead by the time I arrived." I am a little bit relieved.

"Really?" He doubts my assumption.

"Yeah, the battery doesn't last that long. Keith told me one time." I assure him.

I could see that Kyle's face is not stiffen any longer as he lets out a big sigh. He must have been really worried about it. Once he gives me his signature gorgeous smile, I know that fear has left him for good.

"We can't do this any longer." I rest my head back.

"I know." He agrees.

"When need to sit down with the kids and tell him the news." I suggest.

"With the kids? The kids will be fine." He is half confused half amused.

"If we have the kids with us, at least Keith won't throw a huge tantrum." I explain.

His brain is processing my idea as he throws his eyes back on the road. I bite down my lip and wait for him to respond, but it is taking a little longer that I expected. When he forms an 'O' with his mouth, I know that he figures it out.

"Right?!" I rise my hand up in the air to give him a high five.

"Yeah!" He gently tosses his palm onto mine. "That's genius!"

"I know!" I copy Monica's high tone.

Kyle laughs to my bad impression of Monica Geller.

"I am starving!" I tell him.

"We'll be there soon."

I snort, "The dragons in my belly are already growling."

"Dragons?" He giggles.